|21|-Wrong Person

3 years ago

Third Person's POV
Cyrus was walking around the neighborhood. He always wanted to live in a Mexican town and now that his dad finally let him go on this solo trip to Mexico, he is finally here. He was happy, simply by just looking around at people talking and children playing. In a distance he saw a small shop and decided to buy something to eat. He entered the shop and looked around at the snacks. Then a guy, same age as Cyrus approached him.

"Hey excuse me" the guy said with a charming smile

"Yes?" Cyrus blushed a little, finding the man very attractive

"Are you new here?" the guy asked

Cyrus loved his Mexican accent.

"Yes, I just moved in a few days ago" Cyrus replied a little shyly

"I can show you around town if you want to" the guy said

"Umm... Really? That's great! Thank you so much" Cyrus said itcasually, trying to hide his excitement

The woman who lives next door had already given him a tour but Cyrus found this guy so attractive and didn't want to miss the opportunity.

"What's your name?" the guy asked

"Cyrus. What's your name?"

"Charlie. But you can call me handsome too" Charlie flirts

"I think Charlie is fine for now" Cyrus giggled

"For now?" Charlie nodded repeating Cyrus's words and Cyrus blushed

"So... Where to begin?" Cyrus asked

The next few hours went on looking around the town, checking every eating place, none stop flirting and so much fun. For dinner, they went to a small restaurant. They continue to talk as they wait for their food to arrive.

"So how long are you gonna stay in Mexico?" Charlie asked

"4 months. I want to shift here permanently but I have to take care of my dad's company that is in New York City" Cyrus replied

"Wow, I am going to shift in New York City for further studies" Charlie said excitedly

"That's great man! When are you going to move to New York?" Cyrus asked excitedly

"after 5 months. My sisters wedding is gonna be held in 5 months so after her wedding, I am gonna move to NYC next day" Charlie replied

"Woah, we can meet even after I go back to NCY" Cyrus said

"Cyrus... Let's go on a date" Charlie said

"D-date?" Cyrus was shocked to hear that suddenly

"Yeah"

"Oh-kay" Cyrus said, blushing slightly

Cyrus was excited for this date. All his previous relationships were doomed because he never took them seriously but this time Cyrus was serious. He really liked Charlie. Their first date was amazing. Charlie behaved like a gentleman. Cyrus was so impressed. They got close and started texting each other till late night. Cyrus's little crush became a huge crush. It wasn't love but the feelings were strong. On their 4th date, Charlie proposed him. Cyrus couldn't contain his happiness. He thought he was lucky that Charlie loves him but that was just the start of misfortune.

2 months passed with happiness, love and many red flags but the real problem started when Cyrus's old friend who was in Mexico came to stay with him for a week.

"Ray, this is Charlie, my boyfriend. And Charlie, This is Ray. He is my high school friend. He is gonna stay with me for a week" Cyrus introduced them

Charlie flashed a big fake smile. But he was jealous inside. He feels jealous whenever someone talks to Cyrus. Charlie constantly fear that Cyrus will break his trust and go with someone else behind his back and now a guy living 24/7 with Cyrus, took those insecurities to whole another level.

That week, Cyrus refused to go on a date because he wanted to spend with his friend before he left. They both had big fight on that. Charlie accused Cyrus of having sex with ray behind his back. Cyrus was hurt and angry by his words.

"I think you are fucking crazy and need to go to a fucking mental hospital!" Cyrus yelled

"I am your boyfriend! How dare you talk to me like this?" Charlie yelled as he grab Cyrus's upper arm harshly

"You are a fucking psycho. I am breaking up with you. You are not my boyfriend" Cyrus yelled with tears rolling down from his eyes

"You can't break up with me! I refuse. You are mine. Just mine" Charlie said, his voice was low and dangerous. He had a manic look in his eyes

"I am not yours. Get that shit inside your head and get out now" Cyrus yelled

"I won't leave. You can't just break up with me" Charlie yelled

Ray was hearing everything but he didn't come out before because he didn't want to interfere in their personal problem but the way the conversation was going, Ray decided to step up and help his friend. As Ray came out, they both looked at him. Charlie furiously and Cyrus vulnerably. Ray come and pushed Charlie back and stand in front of Cyrus, shielding him.

"You can't force any relationship on him. He said break up means you are no longer his boyfriend. It's better you get out now before I call the police" Ray said

Charlie is mentally ill. He gets what he wants no matter what the cost. One time, a dog didn't let him pet his head. Next day, the dog died. Accidents like that have happened a lot. And once again That was going to happen. Charlie stare blankly at Ray. He grabs the vase beside him and swing with full force at Ray. Cyrus screamed in horror as Ray fell down unconscious with blood dripping from his head. Hearing all those yelling, neighbors starting surrounding the house.

"Ray! Help. Somebody help!" Cyrus yelled as he crouched down and shake ray, trying to wake him up

Neighbors start knocking at the door and asking if everything is okay. Cyrus gets up with shaky legs and runs the toward door. At the same time, Charlie pulled out a small pocket knife from his pocket. Cyrus opened the door quickly. Neighbors immediately understand something is wrong, seeing Cyrus's crying face.

"H-he... H-he.. " Cyrus sobbed

Then a woman screamed in horror suddenly. Everyone looked behind Cyrus. Some gasped and some screamed. Cyrus also turned around and next second, he vomited.

Charlie was stabbing Ray continuesly.

Ray was dead. Someone called the police and an ambulance. Cyrus fainted, not being able to handle all that alone.

When he woke up in the hospital, his family was beside him. As soon as Cyrus woke up he started crying, he couldn't say anything. He blamed himself for Ray's death. He just cried for hours as his mother held him close. The next day, they went back to NYC. There was so many witnesses so Cyrus didn't have to go to court for statement.

Cyrus was in daze for a few days, still couldn't believe the fact that his boyfriend murdered his friend in front of his eyes. He starts getting nightmares every night. After his family pressured, he started attending a therapist. It took time but he recovered from that horrible night with professional help and his family's support and love. He was fine but he could never trust anyone again. The idea of love starts scaring him. Charlie tainted the idea of love with so much pain that Cyrus never wanted to love anyone again....

Until a certain Carver come and painted the love with only happiness and peace, taking away all the pain.

"I love Zayn Green Fucking Carver"

***