|37| meet up

Cyrus's POV
Guard opened the door and we went inside. I hold his hand tightly in mine. I know he is nervous. Well I am also kind of nervous. I don't give a fuck about what his parents will say, I am afraid of Lukas's reaction. I don't really care about him either but this dipshit does so he better not say any shit.

When we walked into the dining hall, everyone was already there. Mr Carver, Mrs Carver, Lukas and a beautiful girl. He put his hand on my lower back and lead us inside.

Hearing our footsteps, they all turn toward us. Mr Carver abruptly got up from his chair, a furious look on his face. He pulled out the chair for me and I sat down while glaring and blushing at the same time. Does he really need to do this now?! The bastard chuckled at my reaction and sat down beside me.

Mr carver on the head of table, mom on his right and Lukas on his left, next to Lukas is his girlfriend. I am next to Mrs Carver and Zayn beside me.

"Hi, Zayn" he held out his hand with a soft smile

"Hi, Britney" she returned the smile and shook my hand

"This is Cyrus, my boyfriend" he introduced me to her

What the hell?! He said that in front of his parents. I thought he would introduce me as a friend. I don't know if I should be happy or mad.

Everyone else is shocked would be understatement. They look like someone just dropped a bomb on their head. Britney and I shook hands and an uncomfortable silence fell.

"So... I am assuming you asked him out. He doesn't have guts to do so" Zayn said to Britney

"Yes, I asked him out. He kept dropping hint but even after a year, when he didn't ask me out, I thought that's it. Now I am gonna take the risk and ask him on a date" she said excitedly

"That's cool. Do you want to see his childhood photos?" Zayn asked excitedly

"No" Lukas said, looking horrified

"Yes" he grinned

"We should start eating" Mr Carver said. Why does he always look like some dog shit on his favorite shoe.

The rest of the dinner went okay. Zayn keeps talking to Britney and Lukas so she won't feel uncomfortable. He even included me in conversations again and again when I felt left out. He practically showed me off there. He was proud to call me his boyfriend. Then I realized how he must be feeling when I said I don't want my parents to know.

I will tell my parents tomorrow.

"We shall leave now" Zayn said, smiling at Britney and Lukas

We got up, saying goodbyes to Britney and Lukas; totally ignoring his parents, we left. He acted like they were not even there. I always knew Mr Carver is a bitch so no wonder his own son hates him but I thought Mrs Carver were sweet. I still don't know much about him. When we were back in the car, I decided to ask him.

"Why do you hate your parents?" I asked

"It's a long story" a exhausted sigh escaped his lips

"I have time" I said

"You will hate me if I tell you whole story" he chuckled bitterly

"It really piss me off when you say that. It's like you are doubting my love. That shit hurts" I glared at him

"I am sorry" he sighed again, looking troubled

"Are you going to tell me?" I asked hopefully

"yeah, let's go home. I will tell you everything. About my past, about Zack, about Thomas, everything" he whispered with a sad smile on his face

"I will tell my parents about you tomorrow. Then we can kiss in public" I said hoping to make him feel better. I don't like it when he smiles sadly like that.

"I am going to drag you to pride parade with me" he chuckled

"Hell nah" I laughed

"No seriously, let's go to pride parade together in skirts" he laughed

"And a crop top with a gay quote. Maybe:barbie Bitch, sucking mad dicks" I laughed hard

"That's a really good idea" he laughed

Yeah, that's how he should be. Happy, laughing, living.

He suddenly stopped the car in the middle of the road. The road was empty and area looked deserted. I looked at him in confusion and he just smiled at me before getting out. He jogged over to my side, opening the door, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he started playing a song on his phone

He slid his arm around my waist and suddenly pulled me closer causing my breath to hitch as our faces were only inches away.

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was

"I have always wanted to dance with you under the moon. Let me have this dance" he whispered in my ear, holding me close in his arms

"Okay..." I breathe out quietly

Baby, I am dancing in the dark with you between my arms

He spun me around before pulling me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we moved slowly to the melody.

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

We danced for almost an hour, first it was romantic songs, then we moved to other genres. Then we were just jumping and yelling the lyrics, enjoying the moment. I have never done anything like this.

It was kinda dumb but I guess I just really love dumb things.

***

Next 4 chapters will be flashbacks; Zayn's past.