|6|-Weeks passed

Zayn's POV
I sighed and threw myself in my bed. Why did he lie? His sister is my best friend. She has been in India for 6 months now and will come after 4 weeks.
I hate it when he lies just to avoid me. He could have just said that he didn't want to like he do almost every time. Even though I love him, I never expected anything from him. I never expect him to be nice to me like he is to other people. I never expected him to like me.
Even though I am in love with him, I never once dreamed of being together with him because I know that would be so foolish of me. Those dreams will shatter, expectations will get crushed and hopes will die. And trust me, that thing hurts more than anything else. I am talking with my own experience.

Our first meeting was when we were 7 years old. I knew who he was but he didn't know that I was a Carver that time. It was Christmas Eve. Zack and I had a fight so I was playing alone in park. I was trying to build a snowman but couldn't no matter how many times I tried. Then he approached me.

"you are doing it wrong" he said

"Then can you help me?" I asked

"Nah, I am leaving" he said

"But I want to build a snowman" I whined and stomped my feet on snow

"Tsk, so childish. Fine, come here again tomorrow. Let's build a snowman together on Christmas" he said and ran away

He didn't show up next day or day after tomorrow and I continue playing with Zack, already forgetting about that weird kid.
Then 3 years ago, We met in the library. I read sometimes and he was there to buy books for his sister. Emma is a bookworm. That day, I was in a bad mood. I was spacing out so he asked me if I was okay. I snapped at him and told him to go to hell. In return he smiled at me and gave me his coffee and said "Coffee always fixes the bad mood, have a good day" and then left.
Even though I was rude and cold, he smiled at me and wished me a good day. He was nice to me when everyone was trying to break me. He is a good person. The nicest person I have ever met.
Then for a year, I didn't see him but I always remembered that sweet stranger or I could say that weird kid. Our next meeting was at my brother's 16th birthday party, 2 years ago. Dad invited them to show off. I still remember how his warm eyes and sweet smile turned into cold glare and frown.

My dad is the reason why he hates me. Something happened when we were kids that resulted in him hating the whole Carver family so much. Let's not talk about the past now. My past is kinda depressing. I don't want to think about those things again and again.

So back to our current relationship. I just want to see him once a week or twice a week. That's enough for me really but I want him to be honest when he is with me. I don't want him to lie. I don't like it when he lies. Of course it hurts when he says those hurtful things but those are better than his lies. Harsh truths don't give false hope.

I wish he would stop giving me the punishment of my father's doing.

.....

Next day, I had a brother weekend with Lukas like always. It is a thing we are doing for the last 5 years. Even if we are busy the whole week, we meet on Sunday. We do things he enjoy like bowling, amusement parks, zoo, road trips and whatever he would like to do. On Sunday night, we go on rooftop and have heart to heart talk. We call that therapy night. We talk about things that are bothering us or about his crush Britney or sometimes about... Zack. Mostly I made him talk but I myself never say what's going on in my mind. The reason I do this therapy night with him is because I don't want him to ruin his mental health like Zack and I did back then. I want him to know that he has someone he can talk to about everything. I could easily afford a real therapist but he would never agree so I think it's better than nothing. Family support matters so much.

2 weeks past with me being extremely busy with work and missing Zack and Cyrus. I wanted to call him. But I didn't have any excuses.

Another week passed with me debating with myself if I should call or not. I chosen not to.

After whole 3 weeks, on Sunday night, someone rang the doorbell after Lukas left.

I grab my phone from nightstand and left my room. Who could be here at this time?

I feel panic and anxious as I got closer to door. I pick up the lamp from table and quietly went to door. I look through spy-hole and dropped the lamp in shock.

What the hell?!

Cyrus's POV

It's been 2 weeks since we last met. I hate to admit it but I miss him. I know I shouldn't. By the way, he normally calls once in 2-3 weeks. So I will be receiving his call soon.

It's so frustrating. It's all his fault. Why can't he be an asshole to me like I am to him? It would be easier for me then. He is so fucking nice, handsome, funny, charming and addictive. I can't help but feel like I getting pulled toward him.
I hate that I feel like I like him. I know shouldn't. Because first of all, we are family enemies. Secondly, he is a boy. No, I am not homophobic. I, myself am bisexual but relationship with a guy kinda scares me. And lastly, happy ending doesn't exist. If you love someone truly, they will only hurt you in return. I don't want to be hurt again. I don't want to love someone again.

I also hate how my inner voice is shouting at me that he is not like him. It's all so frustrating!!!

I should just sleep now, otherwise my head would explode from overthinking.

************************************

Any thoughts?

Please vote, comment and share