13

The one who carried me for 9 months. Brought me up protected me from the man currently holding onto me, was sat tied to the chair.

I went to run towards her but was stopped by the grip on my arm. He passed me onto a man that I didn’t even know was in the room and walked over to my mum.

He ripped the blindfold of her face and she blinked a few times trying to get used to the blinding light above her.

Once her eyes were fully open she looked around and her eyes landed on me.

She started to struggle with the ropes tied around her while shouting profanities at my ‘father’ who just stood there watching.

After a while my dad seemed to grow tired of this and brought his hand to my mother’s cheek the sound echoing in the room.

I struggled in the man’s grip helplessly trying to get to my mum. My father had his hands gripping her cheeks and I could see the unshed tears in her eyes.

“Let go please you’re hurting her.” I heard my voice before I registered I had actually spoken.

The monster himself turned around to face me with a look of anger on his face.

“Don’t ever try and tell me what to do again you little bitch I’m the one in charge here I can end anyone of your lives including your babies with a snap of my fingers don’t test me.”

A lump seemed to form in my throat and I felt my eyes water. I couldn’t let any of the people I love get hurt.

At seeing my face, my father seemed satisfied he motioned towards the men behind us and they let us go.

“I’m going to give you 10 minutes to spend together no leaving this room.” With that he untied my mum and walked out of the room.

As soon as the door was shut, I ran over to my mum who was in the process of standing up.

“Mum I have missed you so much how did you get here?” my arms tightened around her as she regained her balance.

“I have missed you to hunny. I got home the other day from my business trip and your father was there waiting for me he drugged me and brought me here.”

“Oh mum I’m really sorry this is all my fault I was the one who called the police that day and I should the one dealing with this not you three.”

“It’s not your fault I promise it’s mine for not going to the police sooner don’t try and blame this on yourself okay? Who is your friend back there and what did your father say about babies?”

She let go of me and turned towards Perrie, who was already looking at us.

“My name is Perrie ma’am it’s lovely to meet you.” My mum looked down at the hand a smile forming on her face, and she embraced Perrie in a hug

“There is no need for such formalities Hun my name is Eva and it is very lovely to meet you despite the circumstances.” When she drew back, Perrie grinned at my mum.

“So Amy are you going to tell me now what your father meant about babies?” she has a glint of happiness in her eyes and I could tell she knew.

“Well.. um I am pregnant and so is Perrie an-“ I was cut off from speaking by my mums excited voice.

“I’m going to be a grandma?  Oh Amy I am so happy who is the father? When is the due date? What is the sex? Congratulations to you also Perrie.” I turned to Perrie with a grimace

“Mum the father part is a long story which I don’t think we have time to get into. I don’t know the answer to the last two as I haven’t been to any more appointments and I am not that far along. I may not know if I am stuck here.” I felt tears pool in my eyes. God I was an emotional wreck today.

I could see my mum’s face go from ecstatic to angry in a matter of seconds.

“He has you trapped here so you can’t monitor the growth of your baby? That means your baby could be hurt right now and you wouldn’t know? Stay here I am going to find a way out of here.”

“No mum please don’t he told us to stay in here what if you get hurt. Its fine we will just stay and wait until there is a perfect opportunity where we can all stick together. Please just stay here.”

“Amy I am not going to just sit here while my grandchild and Perrie’s child could be hurt I’m going to find an exit please just wait here until I am back.”

With one quick kiss to my cheek and hug she walked towards the door, opened it and stepped outside.

Perrie and I stood in silence for a while waiting for my mother’s return when we heard a sound.

A sound that sounded mistakenly like a gunshot.