18

~~~Amy's point of view~~~

I opened my eyes and quickly shut them again at the brightness of the room.

I went to sit up but was stopped by what seemed to be a head that was resting on my chest.

I opened my eyes and as they came into focus, I saw a head of curly hair with the body resting in the chair next to the bed I was in.

Suddenly remembering the whole reason harry was here with me I poked him continuously trying to wake him.

He muttered something incoherently under his breath and peaked his eyes open. When he saw me looking at him expectantly, he shot up.

"Amy your awake! Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?" before I could reply he had yanked open the door and was shouting down the corridor.

"I need a doctor in here now so hurry the fuck up." I shook my head at his rudeness but didn't comment. Sure enough a doctor appeared in minutes.

"Amy I see your awake. How are you feeling? harry came back from the door and sat on the chair he was previously on.

"I feel fine but what happened? Is my baby okay? My waters shouldn't have broken at 24 weeks" I felt panic creep into my system what if my baby was gone.

"Amy you need to calm down. We have done an ultrasound and your baby is fine. Would you like me to explain to you what has happened?" I nodded my head.

"Well your baby lies in an amniotic sac of fluid or waters. The waters break meaning the sac has been ruptured or broken. Normally, it would break around the time of labour but in some circumstances it will break early yours was down to stress. You're not the only person whose waters have broken at 24 weeks. If the waters do break prematurely, the main risk is for you or  the baby to get an infection. Therefore we need you to stay in hospital for a couple of days just so you can be monitored for any signs of infection."

I sighed in relief. At least my baby wasn't dead or seriously injured.

"So far we haven't picked up any signs of infection your boyfriend has also stayed with you this whole time you are very lucky to have someone who cares about you that much." the doctor then exited the room.

I turned to face harry and could see he had a slight tinge of red to his cheeks. Deciding not to embarrass him further I got comfy in the bed and went to sleep.

I was awoken to the sound of rustling around. I opened one eye to see harry trying to get comfortable in the chair.

 I didn't know what brought me to do it but I coughed to catch his attention then silently pulled the cover up inviting him into the bed.

He seemed hesitant for a second then came to lay next to me. His arms slid around my waist and a kiss was pressed to my cheek. I slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

~~~ Couple of days later~~~

"We advise you to drink plenty of fluids ad try to stay as positive as possible. Don't get too stressed. We aim for you to get to 34 weeks before delivering the baby."

I nodded my head in agreement and harry went to speak to the doctor. After many tests, the doctors had found no infection or traces of it so I was able to be released on the term I would come back every week to check.

Throughout the week, harry has been with me and even though he has done so many things to hurt me, I felt comforted by his presence.

Harry had just finished signing some papers and we were heading towards the car park. As we reached the car, harry opened the passenger door helped me into the car and proceeded to do my seatbelt.

I just let him as I was still feeling weak from all the tests. They had taken quite a lot of blood but if it meant preventing my baby from getting hurt it was fine.

I was so In thought, I didn't realise we had pulled up to Perrie and I's house and he had opened my door for me.

I got out and a squeal left my mouth as harry scooped me up bridal style and walked me towards the door.

"You do know that I can walk right?" I questioned him and received a smile.

"I know you can, but I also know you are still tired out from all those tests so I am helping you." he carefully placed me down on the sofa and walked towards the kitchen.

"I am getting you a drink we need to keep your fluids up. Is squash okay?" I nodded my head and he left the room.

I started to inspect my living room. It looked the same as we left it but now it had a manly aftershave smell to it.

I gasped as I felt a kicking in my stomach I guess my baby was awake. I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed just as harry came running in.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I shook my head with a smile playing on my lips.

"I am fine the baby just started kicking and it startled me." Harry smiled and then looked nervous.

"C-can I feel?" I nodded my head he was the dad after all. He took a seat next to me and I grabbed his hand and guided it to where the baby was kicking.He looked up amazed then lent back down and kissed my bump.

"Daddy's here now baby and he will make sure you and mummy stay safe from now on. I can't wait for you to come out. I love you both."