Levi's Pains

With an air of curiosity to his movements, Satan peeks around the corner cautiously. You see Asmo holding up a bent pen, and Levi on the floor, begging for mercy. Levi is still in his pajamas.

"Please, Asmo, today has already been terrible. I didn't get to buy the limited edition Ruri-chan promo figure because Mammon didn't give back the money he owed me, and then Lucifer said I wasn't allowed to leave school, and I have to stay in my pajamas out here! Don't abandon meee!" Levi grabs Asmo:s leg.

"You broke my only backup pen! And you're the one who came to school in pajamas in the first place, so embarrassing!" Asmodeus steps back and crosses his arms, dragging Levi on the floor.

"But, Asmo, we're family!!! Family means we help each other, right??"

"Ugh. Fine. But don't expect me to be nice," Asmo resigns, handing Levi a beaten up pencil. "This is the last time you're pulling the 'family' card on me, got it?"

"Thank you, Asmo. I am forever indebted to you." Leviathan turns his head in your direction. "Hey, is that Satan? Why is he lurking?"

Satan jumps slightly. "I just got here."

Levi looks around quickly, probably searching for someone, then looks back at Satan with disappointment. "So... How come I'm at school on the day my second best friend is absent?" Only second best because Henry 2.0, his goldfish, is his first best friend.

Asmo and Satan speak in unison. "No one asked you to come."

"It's not fair! I don't wanna be here either!" Levi whines.

"You're the oldest one here, and you're acting the most childish," says Asmo. "It's cute, but you should stop it."

Levi grumbles incoherently, then the four of you head to your next class. The teacher announces that everyone has to work with a partner. Other demons offer to partner with Satan, but he refuses them all, as if forgetting that you're still a cat.

"Satan, what are you doing? We have to get a partner!" Levi shakes Satan vigorously, not realizing Satan is carrying a cat with him. You nearly fall onto the floor.

Satan grows uncomfortably warm. "Levi, calm down, I already have a partner!"

"Okay, who is it?"

"Uh..." Satan spins around quickly, then stops and glances at his cape. "Oh, right."

"Partner up with me then. No one wants to work with me." It was no mystery as to why that was. Levi rarely shows up to class, doing most of his work online. Then he shows up in pajamas and attacks a student. "Asmo already went off without me, and now he has several partners."

"That's not how partnering works..."

"They're keeping it a secret from the professor."

Satan and Levi partner up as the teacher announces the assignment. You continue to recive head pats. They are to find and befriend a wild animal over the course of a few weeks, to keep as a familiar. Satan snickers, rubbing your chin. "This is why this is my favorite class."

Asmo's unoffical partners cheer, while Levi complains about the dangers of befriending wild animals. The class is released into the forest. Satan says you can walk around freely.

You fall to the floor. Levi jumps back. "Woah, was tbat in your cape this whole time?"

"Yes. Don't tell Lucifer."

Levi is already petting you. "Does this cat have a name?"

"Cape."

"Cape! That's such a cool name!" He stands up quickly. "Hey, Satan. Can we make Cape our familiar?"

"No, I think we need a wild animal. Like a shadow hog or a quetzalcoatl."

"Those are food. Can we get something smaller, like a salamander?"

"I don't think a wild salamander is that easy to befriend, Levi."

They start to argue, so you wander off, back into the school. A quiet walk through the empty hallways isn't too unenjoyable, but you get a sense that something horrible is right around the corner. The fur on your back rises as you hear two separate sets of footfalls closing in. There's no place to hide.

"Lord Diavolo." The demon stops abruptly, radiating anger, but not in his voice.

The prince tries to comfort his friend. "Lucifer. Are you alright?"

"Have you found it yet?"

"No, I haven't. You should calm down a bit. It's not that big of a problem, we can just-"

"This one is special. It's nearby, I know it is."

"I see. I'll keep helping you search, then. I've already sent Barbatos to search another area of the academy."

"Thank you. Good luck."

"To you, too."

They walk past each other. Once they're out of your range of hearing, you sprint down the hall, hoping to get back to Satan and Levi. You can hear Satan calling your name in a panic. His voice is tightening, while Levi calls him crazy.

"Oh, you poor thing."

The voice startles you, and you trip over your own paws. The gloved hands lift you from the ground, then cradle you like an infant under teal-tipped hair.

"It's alright, you're in my care now. What a cute cat! Do you have an owner?" Barbatos holds you up to the florescent lights, then sighs. "I suppose not. I shall donate you to Satan's cat garden."

At least it's not an animal shelter.