Lucifer Can't Do It

Barbatos drops you on the ground. "I'm sorry, I don't know how to remove curses, or what kind of curse has been placed on you, or who would do something so cruel to an adorable creature like you. But I wish you luck, little one."

You watch as he walks back to R.A.D.. Turning around to enter the house, you step off the garden path, into the mud. It must have rained again while you were in class earlier. It would be impolite to drag mud across the house.

A black cat crosses your path. Is this bad luck? Wait, you're also a black cat. Does it still count? Who believes in bad luck anyway?!

There's no one else around, so you try to play with this other cat. It stares blankly at you, not blinking. You feel intimidated and change your mind about approaching this cat to play. Retreating to a muddy corner, you fall asleep while waiting for the brothers to return home.

It's late afternoon when you wake up to concerned voices nearby.

"Well, that's strange." Lucifer murmurs solemnly.

"What is? I thought you were supposed to bring our human back from being a cat! This is still a cat!" Satan clutches his chest.

They're all still in uniform (except Levi), and all surrounding the other black cat in the garden. "It's not working." The cat licks its paws, then pounces on Levi's shoelaces. Lucifer grumbles. "If you want to be a human again, you're going to have to stay still. And why are you so fluffy? Are you shedding?"

You creep up behind Satan and paw at his ankle. He offers you stale cat treats, which you refuse again. "Another? Really? Is my recipe going bad?" He puts the cookie in his mouth and it crunches.

Clearly, he doesn't realize that everyone is looking at the wrong cat. You jump onto his shoulders, then onto Lucifer's.

"That's a bad idea," Satan warns, but you do it anyway.

"Satan, control your cats, please." Lucifer grabs you by the scruff and lets you to the ground. He's too focused on the other cat. You nip his ankle. "Satan!"

"Sorry, Lucifer." He picks you up and lowers his voice to a gentle whisper. "Just stay over here for a while, okay? I'll bring you food later." Satan sets you down next to a bush.

You meow to call him back, but he keeps walking and doesn't turn around. Determined to convince them that you're a human (or should be), you dash out of the grass and sit next to Mammon.

"Hey! Kitty!" He picks you up and rubs your face against his. This isn't going to work. You pat his head softly, confusing him. "Wait! Cape! I'm the one givin' head pats, not you!"

Levi cackles. "LOL! You're even lower than the cat!"

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Levi walks over to Mammon. "This isn't even Cape, this is the other cat that's been walking around the garden." You give Leviathan a head pat. He smiles, taking you away from Mammon. "Aw! ILY, too!"

"I thought this cat was Cape and the other was the human." Mammon shrugs in confusion, then tucks his hands into his pockets.

"Can we eat yet?" Beel grumbles.

Belphie sighs. "Can I sleep yet?"

You hear distant footsteps, not from any of the brothers. When you turn around, you see Solomon standing there, looking very worried.

"What are you doing with my cat?"

Levi freezes. "Umm... Head pats..?" You squirm out of his arms and run to Satan. Satan picks you up and smiles, still not realizing you're not really a cat.

The other cat runs away from the messy circle of demons, and jumps onto Solomon's shoulder.

"Wait, don't leave with him!"

"Guys, calm down, this is my familiar." Solomon rubs the cat on his shoulder as it purrs. He offers a proud grin to Satan, who's holding you like a baby. "And not only did I figure out how all of this happened, but I know how break the curse."