Only Satan

Mammon is the first to react. "You do?! Hurry up and break it, then!!! We have a party to go to!"

"Oh no! I'm still in my uniform!" Asmo whines. "And you're still a mess, Mammon! Did you crawl out of a dumpster fire?"

"I keep tellin' ya, it was Levi!"

Trying to keep Beel from wrecking the fridge, Levi yells from the doorway. "You won't give me back my money!"

"Hey, um, can we focus?" Solomon asks. "Where's Lucifer?"

"He gave up after the cat ran away. Said he had work to catch up on, and that this situation was wasting his time," Satan says, holding you under his chin.

"We don't need him anyway, Satan. Follow me." Solomon grabs Satan by the elbow, starting to explain. "So, I had the cookie dough, and it was almost ready to be baked..."

He was rolling the dough. His familiar was shedding, and walked near the dough. Some of the fur must have gotten in the dough before Solomon baked it, which is why you turned into a cat, of all things. The reason you were even transformed was because Solomon's style of cooking is so bizarre - it enlarged a rat at one point.

"Okay, Solomon, how do we break it?"

"Well, that's the funny part, ahahah." He glances around the trees nervously. It's quiet now. You're far enough in the woods that you can't hear the other six demons, even with your cat ears.

"Please tell me you actually have an answer."

"I do, it's just..."

"Spill it already."

Solomon looks at you, then at Satan. He walks closer, holding both sides of your face as he lowers his voice to a whisper. "You have to kiss the first person who discovered you, not including the sorcerer who cast the spell."

"Why are you whispering? We're in dead silence, I can hear you."

"I'm just gonna leave now, bye, see you at school tomorrow, have a nice night, bye." He walks away at a speed that can barely be called walking.

You look at Satan, but he won't make eye contact. Instead, he's looking at the moon. He lets you go.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Satan sits down on a dry log as you nod slowly. "I guess I'm the first person who discovered you, right? You wouldn't have run so quickly to the library yesterday if I wasn't."

Sitting down next to him, you look up at the moon, too. Nothing he said was wrong. The moon is beautiful, and he was the first. He was the first one you ran to. The only one you wanted to tell.

"We could stay like this a little longer. We can stay this way as long as you want. Or..."

You turn your gaze towards Satan. He's already looking at you with his emerald green eyes, as a light pink fills his cheeks.

"We can kiss, and make you human again." The red blush becomes more obvious, even when he turns around, you can still see it shading his ears. He starts mumbling to himself. "What am I saying? That sounded better in my head," he faces you again, "um..."

The silence makes you anxious. There aren't even crickets. You whisk your tail along the grass to make a sound, but it sounds too loud. Silence is fine.

"I know I wasn't the first one you made a pact with, or the last one. I know I wasn't your first friend in the Devildom. I doubt you even really noticed me for the first few weeks you were here." He sighs sharply through his nose, then his voice starts to shake. "I didn't make a big impression like some of the others, or even introduce myself, and it's my fault you're still a cat, but..."

The small smile on your face says it all. Satan lays down in the grass next to you, closing his eyes.

"You showed me beautiful colors in the world when I thought there was nothing left to be seen. I'm glad you're here. I love you. And I'll love you forever, if you'll let me." He takes a deep breath. "Even if you won't, you should at least break your curse."

You sigh, approaching Satan carefully. Your nose touches his nose as you lean in to kiss him and...

You're human again. Without the night vision of a cat, the world seems darker to your eyes, but at the same time, the world feels brighter.

"Satan, it doesn't matter that you weren't my first pact, or my first friend," you say, caressing his face. He opens his eyes and smiles, then pulls you towards him for a hug. You speak quietly so you don't hurt his ear. "You're the first one I ran to when I needed help, aren't you? You took care of me the entire day, risking consequences from Lucifer, just to make sure I'd be alright. You opened my heart almost as fast as I've seen you open any book. In my heart, you're the first and the last, and you always will be. I'm glad you're here, too."

You hug him back tightly, then lift yourself up and kiss him again. His eyes are closed, but you can see tears at the corners. You gently brush the golden hair from his face.

"I love you, Satan. Always will."