CHAPTER TWELVE- TO HOVER

MADISON

The loud knock has invaded my mind that it has made my mind turn blank. Now, my mom is already knocking so hard and even calling my name that made me went back to reality. I slapped my face twice in order for me to be fully awake and be fully back into thinking before opening the door. 

I immediately saw the irritated look thrown by my mother and then I just gently smiled at her. Pathetic, Maddy. 

"What are you up to?" she even opened the door widely and barged in to my room without any hesitations. What the? 

"I should be the one asking you that, Mom!" I exclaimed and now saw how she just ignored what I said and directly looked for something in my bedside table. 

She aggresively took the remote of the television of my room and pointed it to the TV to turn it on. 

"The matter about three women that is found dead in Barangay Salvacion is still a mystery to everyone, the police is still looking more into it and because of how serious this case is, the President has given permission to some international agency that is offering their hands for this case to be able to solve it as soon as possible. There's a lot of speculati---" 

The television was then turned off and so I looked at her direction when I felt her gazes on me. I raised a brow because of the accusing stares she is throwing at me. 

"Where have you been?" she asked seriously without even breaking our eye contact.

I sighed before answering her, "I hate what you're thinking."

"That's not the answer that I want, Madison. I am serious." I rolled my eyes upon seeing her looking at me as if I did something and so I stamp my own feet in anger while walking to my bed and sat on it and then continued with the eye contact.

This woman! Argh!

"It wasn't me," I said still having the eye contact with her. I don't know if she'll ever believe all I am about to say but it's all up to her now.

She'll someday regret not believing in me. I just hope...

"If it wasn't you, then why aren't you here last night? Why did you sneaked out?" She crossed her arms while eyeing me as if I'd fall for that lame trap.

"How can you say that I sneaked out? Are you following me, mom?" She looked away and sneered at my question. So she's really tailing me. For what reason?

"No, I didn't. You are not sleeping on your bed when I got in your room. That's why," she explained and now she can't even look at me straight into my eyes.

I understand that she is worried but it's just too much for her to barge in to my room. I feel suffocated just by thinking about it.

I even don't go in to her room anymore, I really respect privacy and so I hope she'd do it to me. If she really trust me, she'll never question me like this. But what am I going to do? Something about her changed and I still can't pinpoint what it is.

"So... you just barged in like that?" I asked and creased a brow. She heaved a deep sigh once again before answering me.

"Sort of. I am just really curious about what's on your mind lately. Well, I am also worried about you and that thirst you are controlling. I am sorry, Madison. I know I'm wrong for doing that."

I just nodded and reached out my hand on her and pointed the remote she is holding. She immediately handed the remote to me and so I turned the TV back on.

The news was now showing the bodies of the victims that was covered with those white sheets.

"I haven't saved them and I was too late to save them. Someone took over me," I explained that made my mom looked at me with those wide eyes as if she was shocked with what I said.