CHAPTER EIGHT- ACCUSTOMED

MADISON

After that weird discussion with my mom, I directly went upstairs. As usual, I locked my room and sat on my bed.

I saw my laptop at my bedside table and so I opened and powered it on. While waiting for it to function, I just stared at the wall for minutes, still absorbing what my mother was blabbering about awhile ago.

I just can't believe about what she said. Abilities? Trigger? I know that there is a vampire blood coming from our ancestors but it would be impossible for it to show up when I still haven't been in a dream.

A rule where our ancestors would let us show the past and how to use the power that was passed by them, only if it would be the right time for us to use that 'said' power. Even the thirst of--

I immediately covered my mouth because of what I have realized. That unexplainable thirst awhile ago... it was a thirst for blood!? How come?

When the laptop is ready, I searched for the Vampire's past that conspired with the humans. About the true power that has been with them and what really happened to them before. I really wanna know the history yet found only one article stating:

"Human historians killed due to their Vampire Investigation."

Impossible! All is left is for me to be in that dream that our ancestors have said. It wouldn't be impossible for our vampire ancestors to not kill those people, if they really wanted for the informations about us to be disclosed then they would do such things to keep us from media.

I was about to search for more in a different search engine but I heard a loud knock from our door and so I hurriedly put the laptop under my pillow and went to the door to open it.

I saw my mom in front of me bringing a tray with two glasses of mug on it. My hand turned into fist when I smelled what she brought and so I glared at her.

"This is the only way for the thirst to subside," she said and was about to enter my room but I stopped her before she could do it.

"I didn't asked for that, mom. I already drank some water. What is that anyway?" I acted as if I don't know what she's bringing. Damn! My throat is itching and burning as hell!

"You don't have to control yourself because that'll be too hard for you. If this is what your body is yearning, why not drink it?" She doesn't understand! I don't want myself to be used in drinking that, what if I thirst for more? Will I be able to devour the people around me?

That'll be ridiculous!

I pulled my hair out of frustration and turned my back from her. I still saw her getting inside and placing what she brought on a mini table in front of my sofa.

"Just in case you'll change your mind." I saw how she smirked before going out and so I burried my face in my pillow and screamed out of frustration.

This day is giving me a lot of stress!

A MONTH has passed but thankfully I was able to resist my thirst. I also adjusted in school even with the people around me.

It's just that, I sometimes imagine creepy scenarios in my head whenever I am with Sishy and Cassie and I would then close my eyes and bite my lip when I am imagining those things again.

Things like me, devouring them, enjoying the ecstacy for blood, licking it like it was my only salvation.

Goddamn it!

I shook my head because of imagining those things again. It has also been a month, a month of my mother being so weird. As if I'd do something crazy.