CHAPTER FIVE- FACE OFF

Madison

My day ended just fine and a bit weird because of our last encounter with that Otis boy. Even just thinking of him makes my skin wary from even getting close to him.

I stood up from my seat after keeping my things that I have used in my desk. I looked at Sishy who is now seriously looking at her phone and so I went to her to take a look at what she's preoccupied about.

The moment she felt me getting close to her, she immediately moved away and looked at me with those crossed brows.

"What are you doing? Privacy, Maddy. Privacy." she seriously uttered those words as if she didn't invade mine.

I just shrugged off what she acted and directly went outside without even saying anything to her after talking to me. We aren't that close in the first place, I know that I also did something wrong for maybe attempting to read something she's preoccupied in her phone.

I clenched my fist tightly and felt a sting afterwards, my nails dug dipper into my palms that caused it to bleed. So disappointing. Disappointing... Really disappointing.

I didn't mind anyone who I bumped with and minded my own f*cking business while walking. I was disappointed of myself to act like a lost child in the first day of school. I forgot what I am after.

My mother said to follow my instinct to where the everlasting stone is, and I just felt that it might be here in this school. There's just something about being here and I can't understand what it is.

Since I wanted myself to cool down, I decided not to contact our driver and just walk home. Before getting out of the gate, a blue colored sports car that I think is a 2000 MR2 Spyder stopped and beeped at me.

I stopped from walking and looked at the car intently, the window from the driver's seat then suddenly rolled down. I stepped back upon seeing Otis' face.

"Need a ride?" Otis asked and gestured me to sit on the shotgun seat. I directly shook my head and started walking again. "Why not?" He added.

I faced him and raised a brow at him, "Are we even that close for me to ride in your car?"

"Don't think any malice about my offer. I just wanna help," he scratched his nape and smiled shyly because of what he said and so I tsk-ed that surely was loud enough for him to hear it.

"Thank you for being generous and thoughtful, but no."

I walked fast enough to get out of the gate, I never looked back and thankfully, he stopped from bugging the hell out of me. I started to walk normally when I sensed that there are no cars suspiciously following me. I fell in a deep thinking after that annoying happening. 

I don't wanna think about the possibilities this early since it is not really appropriate to blame someone you just met but maybe... just maybe, it is between Otis or Sishy, it is between them who I will be facing against in the future. I just have a feeling that one of them has the stone.

But what if it is not with them? My mother just advised me about following my instincts, nothing more, nothing less. Not knowing that I already arrived at our street, I saw mother coming back home from the opposite direction. She is as always wearing a black cloak same as mine and is running way back home without even noticing me. 

I just watched her actions and slowly walked near her but then... a sudden call ringed on her phone and then she directly answered it without any hesitations.  I instantly hide in a wide bush near a wide wall that is connected to our door when my mother was about to look back to my direction. I sighed when she didn't got a glimpse of my existence as of the moment.