Chapter 5

This is Part 2/3.
.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

~ FRIDAY ~

I woke up worried today. I admit, I want Julie and Jace 76249325 miles apart, but I wonder if Jace would be mad at me. He was only mad at me once, and there were stuff said that I never wanted repeated.

- FLASHBACK in 4th Grade -

I sit with Nikki in the back of Mrs. Dawson's class. Jace has been hanging out with my bully, Vicki. She calls me fat, ugly, and how I will Jace will never be mine. I never understand why Vicki says that, since I always liked Jace as a friend and always will. I glance over at their direction, and since Vicki saw me, pushed herself towards Jace and hugged him tightly. My eyes twitched since Jace didn't really know how much she tortured me. Only Nikki knew. Johnny was in a different class for that year.

Anyways, I really wanted to tell Jace how Vicki really was, but I was scared Jace was going to start being my bully too. I'm just going to have to take a risk. 

It's recess, and I start looking around trying to find Jace. I stop where I am and spot him with Vicki on the seesaw having a great time. I take a deep breath and start approaching them with knots in my stomach.

"Um.. Jace?" I say looking around the playground and then back to Jace and Vicki. Jace hops off the seesaw and leaves Vicki. He looks at me very excitedly.

"Hi Angie!" He says with his adorable goofy smile. He looks over at Vicki and nods his head.

"Do you want to play Freeze Tag with me and Nicki? You can be it!" I say excitedly gaining my confidence back. Jace's favorite game is freeze tag, especially when it's his turn to freeze people. 

"JACE!" Vicki says, hopping off the seesaw. Jace turns around and looks at her, "Can I talk to you? Alone." She says glaring at me. I roll my eyes and take a step back. Jace looks at me then at Vicki, and the sun beaming right on his face. He would pick me, right? We are friends since we were 7, for crying out loud. He turns around, probably wondering what his move was if he was going to play freeze tag. Vicki then comes by me, and very harshly, stomps on my foot smoshes it as if it were a dead bug, which in this case, might have happened to my foot. I fall to the ground and hold my foot crying. Jace quickly turns around and crouches down beside me. 

"What happened?!

"JACE! Can we go talk now? She's completely fine." Vicki says.

I look at him hopelessly wondering what he'll do. Jace looks at me with pity, then leaves me on the ground and goes with Vicki to the playground. I let another tear stroll down my cheek, and I look around again, only to find Vicki and Jace holding hands going down a slide. I had enough with her, and needed to show her who else could be a bully, but then noticed I couldn't move. I tried my best to stand, but keep falling and wincing in pain. I started calling out for help, but no one was around the area I was in. More tears streamed down my face, and I kept looking around for Nicki struggling, since my eyes were filled with water. 

I brush off my tears, only to see Nicole running towards me.

"Omg your okay! What happened?!!?"

"Yep. Totally fine. I just can't stand up and crying, AND no one could hear me calling for help. I say again brushing off my eyes.

"Wait, so then you are okay?"

I face palm myself, then put my hands out for her to grab them. She pushes me up, and I try to balance myself on my one leg, and succeed. I swing my arm over her shoulder and she does the same.