Chapter 18

"Angie, wake up." A nurse says. She sounds like Kaylah, and I flutter my eyes open.

"Yeah?" I say rubbing my one eye.

"Doctor needs to see you." She smiles with pity.

"Why?" I say, but she doesn't answer. She leaves the room, and I realize Jace was still asleep.

I decide not to wake him up, and slip my one slipper into my one foot that my mom had brought on. I leave my bad foot/leg on the bed, and the Doctor comes in.

"Angie." He says blankly, and logs into the computer. He checks my progress, and frowns.

"What?" I say frowning with him.

"Does your leg hurt." He says impatiently. He comes over to where my foot was, and I move it. Pain comes over me, and I groan.

"Yes. A lot." I say in pain still. He stays there waiting, and he pushes my foot to the left.

"SHIT." I yell and realize I woke Jace up. I keep yelling slower in pain, and Jace wakes up mad.

"What did you do?!" He says walking up to the doctor.

"I moved her foot. What is so bad." He says innocently.

"GUYS MY LEG HURTS. A LOT." I scream. Jace comes to me and slowly rubs my head.

"I'm sorry."

"Should we run some tests?" He says impatiently. Jace's eyes stay connected on him, and he grips his fists. The doctor seemed to have noticed, and dropped his clipboard onto the desk. I grab Jace's waist and look at the doctor.

"I suggest you leave now, if you wanna live." I say gritting my teeth. He stands up and leaves the room, with Jace chasing him.

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE-" He runs out the door and runs after the doctor. I scream his name, but end up dying of laughter when I still see him chasing the Doctor. He turns around the looks at Jace. He tells him something, and Jace nods. He fixes his sweater and casually walks back into the room. He sits on the couch and looks at me.

"Well?" I chuckle.

"New Doctor. 5 minutes." He says proudly. I clap my hands.

"MY HERO!" I exclaim. He turns his head and bursts out laughing. He comes over too me, and I pat a seat on my bed.

"Jace, if something happens to me, can you promise to get me something?" I say quietly.

"Nope." He says blankly. I sit up.

"WHAT WHY." I yell.

"Because that's not going to happen. Your Angelina Grace Matthews! Your brave, awesome, strong, and most of all beautiful, but THATS not my point." He yells at me. He sighs and talks again.

"And mostly, I made a promise with myself. You die, I die. Even if I have to kill myself." He says quietly.

I quickly turn my head and face him,
"But.. You can't do that! Why would you even think about doing that!" I say hugging him. He smiles, and looks at me.

"I can't...I can't imagine a world without you in it Angelina." He says quietly. I lay back onto my bed, and Jace's head next to mine. He turns to me, only 1 inch away from my face, and he kisses me. I kiss back.

When we finally release, the new doctor comes in.

"Hello. I'm Doctor Grier. I am just going to run a few tests on you today. Are you alright with that?" He says quietly. I look at Jace, who is now on the chair, and he looks at me.