Chapter 17

"Jace." I say quietly breaking the hug. He steps back,

"Yeah?"

"I love you too, loser." I say quietly. His face lights up, but he acts like it doesn't bother him.

"Oh.. Cool."

"Shut up and come here." I say laughing and I pull him in for another hug. He laughs and looks away. He looks at my face, then at my lips. I do the same thing, and then we lean in. We kiss till we had to stop.

"I really like you Angie."

"I don't." I say sternly. He smile fades and he looks at me.

"I really love you." I say laughing.

"Aw! I really love you too you weirdo." He says laughing with me. He kisses me on the cheek and hugs me again.

"Do you feel okay?"

"Yeah! I just woke up from a coma and I feel great!" I say sarcastically. Jace laughs and stares at me.

"Your so cute when your sarcastic."

"Maybe I should stop?" I say with heat rising to my cheeks. I smile and lay my head back down onto my pillow.

"Nah, your good." He says wiggling his eyebrows, then laughs.

"So, what happened with Julie?" I say quietly, and shyly. He sounded really scared when he told me. His expression changes, but he manages to explain.

"It was so weird. I was playing Call Of Duty with Xander, and he went to get a drink. I stayed there, but then I saw a cloth, which made me pass out." He says with his eyes widening.

"You don't have to tell me." He nods his head no and continues.

"Well..there were around 4 big buff guys, and they were all around me, especially one with a gun to my head. They told me Julie was in charge of this, with help of her friends. Then she came in. She grabbed me by the head and told me to call you, but instead you called me. She told me what to say, with a gun on my forehead. I didn't exactly listen, but of course, I didn't die. So, she blacked me out again and I ended up on my bed, so I immediately started looking for you." He says with a tear escaping his eye.

I wipe it slowly with my weak hand and slowly hold his hand.

"You'll be okay." I assure him.

"You mean WE. We will be okay."

"Okay." I say quietly. We put our foreheads together, and give each other another hug. But then my brother comes in. Jace steps away quickly, falling off his chair. He hits his head on the machine, and my bed moved frontward.

"Jace? You okay man?" Daniel says opening the door, grabbing Jace's hand to help him up. I smile, and thank Daniel.

"Thanks Dude." Jace says smiling. He gives Daniel a side hug, and they stay there.

"AWWWWWW GUYS COME HERE." I say yelling and signaling them to come over. They laugh and we all go in to a group hug.

"I'm so happy your okay. When did you wake up?" Daniel says, with us still hugging.

"Just now."

"Are you okay? How's your leg?" Daniel says.

My leg?
My leg.

It was twisted. It was completely covered up in a cast, and I couldn't move it without pain.

"I didn't realize. What's going to happen to it?"

"I don't know. They wouldn't cut it off, right Danny?" Jace tells Daniel. He smiles and smiles with doubt.

"No. Of course not! Angie, your gonna be fine." He says, with me knowing he's lying.