Chapter 23

•second to last chapter guys!•
•angies pov•

It's been two weeks since the audition, and Jace still hasn't gotten a callback. I'm really nervous for him.

I look at my phone, and unlock it. I look at my homescreen, and smile. That was the first time we met. That playground that holds such a good place in my heart.

I decide to facetime Jace, and wait for him to answer. He does, and I see him roaming around his room. Talking to himself.

"Um, you okay there?" I say grinning. He responds quickly.

"Nope! Not okay! They stil haven't called and I don't know what to do!" He says yelling and panting.

"Well, for starters, you need to start breathing again." I say giggling. He stops walking and stares at me and smiles. He calms down.

"Okay." He says sticking his tongue out and extending his face into the camera.
I start laughing. "Gross." I say laughing, with him giggling afterwards.

I suddenly hear my mom scream, and glass fall. I stand up from where I was, and freeze.

"What's wrong?" I hear Jace say. I don't answer, and open my door. I hear my mom panting.

"Mom?" I say quietly. She starts screaming and I see her holding her belly.

"HOSPITAL! NOW!" She screams. My dad comes running from downstairs and looks at me.

"The babies coming." He says smiling.

"Can I come?" I hear Jace screaming over the phone. I was about to reply, but my dad says yes for me. I laugh.

He hangs up, and I help my mom stand up. She starts walking, and Jace soon jumps in to help. She gets in the car and soon enough we're at the hospital.

•••

Hours past by, and they finally let me, Daniel, and Jace in. We look at my mom, carrying my new baby sister. I start crying. She was so tiny.

My mom motions Daniel over, and he carries her. I smile, and hug Jace. I was so happy. Jace smiles at the baby too.

Next she signals me and Jace. I furrow my eyebrows when she said Jace's name too.

She lets me hold her first, and see Jace behind me looking at her. Jace takes the baby carefully and holds her. We look at each other, smiling our heads off. I look at my mom, and she points at my dad.

"Take a picture of them. That's memories you can never forget." She shakily whispers. My dad pulls out his phone and we smile.

•••

"She's so cute." I say walking with Jace to the park.

"I know right. She's so tiny." He says cupping his hands making baby noises. I laugh. He starts holding my hand, and we run to the park together. We were meeting Nikki and Johnny to talk for a little bit, just to catch up on things.

"ANGIE!" I hear someone yell. I turn around, and see Nikki running towards me. I run towards her, and give her the biggest hug I could. Even if we didn't see each other for the past week, it felt like an eternity.

I see Johnny and Jace hug each other too. I laugh at them.

"Dorks." I hear Nikki snort. They look at us evilly. They turn around, and Johnny whispers something to Jace. We start walking backwards slowly, and they turn back around.

"Ready, GO!" They say running towards us. We take off, running into the park. Nicole starts laughing, and soon Johnny catches her. I keep running, with my metal leg trailing behind. I start to slow down, and see Jace trying to keep up with me.

"You can never catch me." I say giggling.

"Lies." He says running up where I was. He finally gets up to me, and tackles me onto the ground. We both start panting, and soon enough all four of us are laying on the ground, dying of exhaustion.

"I have never ran so much in my life." Nicole says. We all laugh.

"I'm gonna miss this." I say quietly.

"Miss what?" Jace says sitting up.

"Hanging out like this. All four of us. Like, what if something happens in the future and we never see each other again?" I frown.

"That will never happen. I already know what's bound to happen." Johnny says reassuringly.

"And what's that?" Jace says.

"Angie and Jace are gonna be together, and me and Nicole will. We'll live next to each other, and our babies will he the best of friends just like we were." He says happily. I laugh.

"Life goals." I say. Nicole laughs with me.

"I want it to happen." Jace says grabbing my hand. I look at him and nod my head."

"I'm down." I say blushing. Nicole nods her head and agrees.

"It's settled. Now if you'll excuse me, me and Jace are gonna have a manly talk." He says sternly, grabbing Jace. He looks at him confused and they walk to the other side of the park.

Nicole lifts up her arms confused. "I don't know." I grin.

•jace pov•

"What was that for?" I say sitting down on the grass.

"Did you ask her out bro?" He says quietly. I stay there silent. I don't know how to ask her out. I don't want to get rejected.

"I'm scared man. I don't want to break her heart." I say slowly.

"Dude, if you want us to grow old and live together, you have to do something." He says slapping my back. He was right. I look over at Angie, and see her smile. I love it when she smiles. She lights up my entire world.

"Okay. I'll do it right now." I say confidently. I stand up, but some force pushes me right back down.

"NO! You have to make this memorable." He says ready to slap me. I laugh.

"Okay?? And how would I do that?" I fiddle my fingers remembering the date I tried to have with Angie last time. Johnny facepalms and looks at me.

"You need help dude." He starts giving me advice, and listen to all of it. Sadly, I didn't have a notepad to list all these things down. I thank Johnny, and we walk by to them. They cross their arms.

"What took you so long?" Nicole said. I see Angie still lying on the grass, looking at the stars. I sit next to her while Johnny and Nicole talk.

"Hey." I grin. She looks at me, and smirks. She looks back. I stay there quietly, then point at a star.

"You remind me of that star." I say to the brightest star I saw. She moves her head facing me.

"Why?" She says snuggling close to me. I slowly put my arm around her.

"It's the biggest one. The brightest one. The one, that means the most to me." I shyly say.

"Aight, don't get to romantic." They say lying down next to us.

"I want this moment to last forever guys. Is that too much to ask?" Angie says.

"I wish, but things come and go so quickly, you just can't keep up." Nicole shakily whispers.

"But we'll manage to stay together, right?" I say, frowning.

"I will." I hear Angie whisper. I smile. Everyone says I will and promises. We stand up.

"I love you guys." Nicole says gathering us into a group hug. We all say I love you to each other, and leave, going our separate ways.

•OKAY NOT MY BEST WORK BUTTT GUYSSSSS SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER IM CRYING THIS HURTS A LOT•