Chapter 8

Wow. Yesterday was... WOW. I've never been so happy in my life. I felt so relaxed and protected when he placed his hands around my waist going down that magical slide.

I'm outside on my trampoline, feeling the breeze hit my face. My hair was blowing, but I didn't bother to care. I just kept thinking about yesterday. But why? I can't like him, even if I wanted too. We're best friends, and if we changed that, it would never be the same.

I looked at the clouds moving, when I feel someone enter and start jumping on the trampoline. I turn my head, smiled, and laid my back onto the trampoline again.

"Hey." Nikki says still jumping.

"Sup." I say giggling.

"SO, what are you doing here?" She said twirling her hair. Something's wrong.

"Nothing. Just looking at the sky and thinking, I guess." I say jumping and looking at a plane that was flying by.

"You wanna talk?" I shrug my shoulders and stop jumping. Nikki does the same and we lay ourselves on the trampoline.

"Angie?"

"Yea?"

"Have you ever felt, like, a person that's been close to you and always by your side all the time, would it be possible to start feeling something for the person?"

UH DUH. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW THAT FEELS LIKE.

"What do you mean?" I say acting casual. She sighs and looks back at the clouds. I hear her mumble something, but I couldn't exactly hear her.

"What?"

"I like Johnny."

OH SHIZ, I HEARD THAT. I'm not imagining this right? GOD, I'M NOT IMAGINING THIS. FORGET ACTING CASUAL.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" I say laughing and yelling at the same time.

She laughs at me, "I may or may not like Johnny."

"DUDE THIS IS FREAKING HUGE!!" I say squealing.

"I guess?" She says starting to blush. I look at her again, should I tell her about my kinda sorta feelings for Jace?

"Um.. Nikki?"

"Yea??"

"I like Jace. Like, LIKE LIKE Jace." I say embarrassed.

"REALLY?! I thought you liked Shawn Mendes!!?" She says shocked with her hand to her heart.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever."

"At least you finally admitted it." Nikki says smirking.

"Ugh Yeah. Now tell me! Since when was this small crush on Johnny?" I say forming a heart with my fingers.

"Three days ago."

"Well then!! What happened?!"

"Ok, well Long Story Short, Johnny invited me to a new frozen yogurt place, and-"

"WAIT THERE'S A NEW FROZEN YOGURT PLACE!!"

"Yea! There's like hundreds of different toppings and awesome spinning chairs."

"COOL. NOW CONTINUE."

She laughs and looks at me, "We finished our yogurt, and we went over to his place since you were busy and we were mad at Jace. We ate popcorn and watched movies on Netflix. It was amazing. Then, we started watching The Conjuring, and you know i'm not a fan of scary movies, unlike you. So, in the movie she popped up out of nowhere and I started screaming. I nuzzled my head in Johnny's chest and stayed that way for the rest of the movie."

"So then you started liking him?" I say.

"Yup." She says blushing.

"AWEEEE." I say squealing. I tell her about what happened yesterday with Jace, and she squealed louder than me.

"Your ship name is so complicated though."

"I know right." I say laughing.

"Yours is easy though" I say pointing at her.

"Oh really?"

"Mhm. Niny or Jikki?"

"Uh.. Jikki." She says giggling.

"Ok then." I say laughing. I look over at The backyard door, seeing it open. Johnny and Jace walk out, talking, and Nikki is here talking about Johnny.

"He's really cute." She says loudly.

"SHUT UP." I say.

"Why?" I motion my eyes to Jace and Johnny who were walking over here. She looks at them, and back at me with her eyes widening.

"HEY!" They say entering the trampoline. I wave and Nikki smiles.

"So, Nikki, who's really cute?" Jace says. I widen my eyes to Nikki. She looked as red as a tomato.

"This guy on her block." I say answering for her. She nods her head, and Johnny jump-walks over to her.

THANKS JOHNNY!

We start jumping on the trampoline, and Nikki's mom and my mom come out with marshmallows.

"You guys want to?" My mom says shaking the bag of marshmallows. We all look at each other and nod our heads. We step out of the trampoline and sit nearby the fireplace.

"What time is it?" Nikki asks her mom grabbing a marshmallow.

"7 something. Why?"

"Just asking." Nikki says. Wow, we literally spent a whole Sunday on that trampoline.

We put the marshmallows on our sticks and place them close to the fire. We stay there in silence, but a good silence. I look over at Jace, who was struggling with his marshmallow.

"UGH. This is my 3rd one burnt!"

"Your really bad at this." Johnny says. I laugh quietly and walk over to them.

"Here." I say grabbing his hand onto mine. We hold hands with the stick in between, and wait for it to get to the right temperature. He looks at me in the eyes, and I do too.

"Thanks."

"Sure." I say sitting back next to Nikki. She smirks and winks at me. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"This is a beautiful night i'll never forget." I say looking at the glistening stars in the sky. They nod, but Jace doesn't respond.

"Never." He says looking at the fireplace, then at me.

HEYY !! I finally updated!! This chapter is dedicated to arianajade12 , since she was DYING for me to update. Aries tho 😂👌🏼.
FOLLOW HER!

BYEEEEE !!! Vote, comment, or gove me feedback of how you like the story 😉💕