EPISODE 52

Avni: kya avni?... Pata nahi kaha konse kone mein dimaag ko chhod ke lock laga ke chaabi nigal gye ho.... Jab dekho tab...

She stopped abruptly seeing the scene in front of her.

Neil sat on his knees holding both if his ears making an apologetic face.

Avni saw him like this and put some brakes on her non stop lecture.

Neil: avni... I promise aage se main apne phone ko gale mein baandh ke rakhunga... Jaise woh Nokia 1100 ko rakhte the na... Hu ba hu waise... Please maaf kar dona...

He said all this with a puppy face leaving no chance for her ignore.

Avni chuckles at his plight and smiled.

Avni: accha theek hai... Ab utho...

Neil got up and sat on the chair next to hers.

Avni: I'm sorry zyada hi bol diya na maine... It's just mujhe laga tum us mission pe chale gye... Main dar gyi thi...

Neil sighed and smiled at her. He slid his chair closer to her and placed hands on her shoulders.

Neil: avni... Tumhe sach mein laga ki main tumhara diya wada tod dunga?

Avni nods her head a bit.

Neil: nahi karunga...

He blinked his eyes in assuring manner and smiled at her. Avni returned it with a small smile.

Neil: ab coffee pi le... Phir tumhe ghar bhi jana hai...

Avni got excited at the mention of going home.

Avni: sach mein Neil humare ghar?!

Neil realised that she was thinking home as khanna mansion. He cleared his throat and said

Neil: avni... Sorry to burst your bubble but... Ghar matlab Mehta mansion. Khanna mansion nahi...

The smile on her face fell immediately.

Avni: Neil par ek raat to ho gyi na... Kya hum wapis humare ghar nahi jaa sakte i mean i miss you

Neil raised his eyebrows showing shock.

Avni: your.... our...I mean... I miss our family... Mummy ji... Bebe... Papa ji... Aur...

Neil smiled at her teasingly.

Neil: aur...?

Avni: bheema tai... Bheema tai... I miss her... Unke haath ki bani coffee... Aur...

Her face was turning more and more red as she was trying to hide her embarrassment. She don't want to have another round of teasing and this time from Neil...

Neil giggled seeing her red cheeks

Neil: avni... Humari deal to do din ki huyi thi na... To I'm sorry... Deal to poori karni padegi.

Avni looked at him with an angry pout in her face. Neil saw her face and gulped.

It seemed like if she had horns on her head, by now Neil would have been flown 3 miles away.

Avni: (huffs) fine... Jaati hoon main... Aur ab to kal bhi laut ke nahi aane wali... Raho tum meri sautan ke saath... Isi ke saath jana honeymoon pe jana...

She gathered her bag and moved out of the cabin stomping her feet.

Neil looked at her retreating figure and chuckles.

Neil: kon kehta hai ki yeh badi ho chuki hai?

He sighed at resumed his work.

****************