Chapter 12 - The Most Kindhearted Villain Ever

(This is dedicated to @SteepleChaserX. Check out Hold Me Down, a very different paranormal story! The writing is amazing by the way!)

Chapter 12

The Most Kindhearted Villain Ever

A convoy of three marine vehicles worked their way up to what looked like an old junk yard in the middle of a large apocalyptic city. Only around the junk yard, houses and shops were poorly fixed, but it was enough for California survivors.

One humvee vehicle, a desert brown, armored military-looking hummer car, led the whole convoy. The second vehicle was a traditional Abrams main battle tank, crawling along slowly between two humvees with its caterpillar tank treads. And the back military hummer followed the tank tracks, except that one was modified to make it look like a pickup carrying a two by two barreled missile launcher. Every truck was the same color, matching the trailing dust and dirt of the hot climate of one hundred degrees.

Elektra rode shotgun inside the leading hummer car with the driver and Donny, along with Leina, sat in the back.

As the junkyard distantly grew bigger and more clear to everyone's eyes, the junk was all arranged into small houses and huts. That was where the Buraki civilians lived, and that's all they were given. It made them poor, dirty, wandering scum. Government bureaucrats gave them no choice but to live like that.

When the group of cars calmly rolled through the trashy dirt pathways, alien civilians gawked at them with fear in their clear black eyes. Females held and covered their children and the children couldn't help but peek at the heavy artillery strolling down the streets. Males were more alert and angry looking, ready for a strike to happen.

Donny looked out the small square window of the hummer. He saw some of the aliens running straight inside, locking the doors and shutting themselves in. Humans were even seen beating up a couple of Buraki, male and female. The thugs were just as trashy as the Buraki were, only the aliens were the innocent victims. Some Buraki looked like they were rich one time by the unknown mineraloid jewelry, even by the clothes they wore, but in the end, all their possessions were either torn, raggedy, or cracked.

Donny couldn't believe his eyes, seeing all the poor souls living in such a dump. With all the government teaching him everything he knew, the Buraki had no reason to come to Earth in the first place. All they brought was destruction.

He turned to Leina in concern for where he was, "Leina? All these Buraki look so innocent."

"Yep, and yet they plan to destroy our world," she explained. "They're scum Donny. They should've stayed in their dimension. Don't let a cute face fool you."

"Hold on," said the driver. "We're about to approach conflict." Everyone looked through the front view window and saw two Buraki civilians holding quark rifles, blocking their way. They pointed their guns ready to fire if they came closer. The driver stopped the vehicle so they calmed down.

Elektra put her hand on the driver's back seat as he got out and whispered to Donny and Leina. "You two stay here. The A team will escort me through the middle of the camp. B team will assist the tank and kill the Buraki in their homes. Stay close to B team till you find Alleyne. You'll eventually lure her out if you kill enough. I'll tell you guys your time limit through the comm once I'm in the cage."

"Understood," Leina said. Elektra got out of the vehicle too and Leina turned her head to Donny, "Elektra will be away from us, it's up to us to find Alleyne."

Donny nodded.

"Hey, what do you think of her?" she tilted her head and crossed her legs on the seat, facing him.