Chapter 7 - Lost and Alone with No Real Friends

(This is dedicated to ZylenOfEarth for all the support! Check out Chrome Tears! Her character Zylen is like...you will want to be his best friend!)

Chapter 7

Lost and Alone with No Real Friends

Donny and Leina took a military line of three eight wheeled, armored infantry carriers to The Cybran Conservation's base, located near the Midriver shorelines. It was about a 2 hour drive in the oversized vehicles. Donny and Leina were quite exhausted. They sat on a bench for two, in the second armed truck. They were alone with only the driver and turret operators present.

Leina rested her head alongside the wall, her eyes shut, not making a sound even though the truck shook almost the whole way. Donny had never ridden inside an eight wheeled infantry carrier before so it was a new experience for him seeing all the new details around him.

He looked over at Leina who was sound asleep. She looked peaceful, warm, and had a feminine face with such imaginable beauty. Regardless of the dirt on her face from the last fight, her rosy cheeks were adorably smooth. Her cuteness almost made Donny want to have a crush on her, but he knew she already had a boyfriend, and it wasn't like she would ever find him attractive in anyway. He didn't pay attention to her anymore after that, so he relaxed his head too.

They arrived. The armored camo-vehicles were well suited to the green environment that was surrounded by steep hills of forestry. At the bottom of the hills, the group was parked at a small lake.

Donny and Leina had to take a ferry boat to the entrance of The Cybran Conservation base. Ahead of them, was a rectangular building with windows, organized in a horizontal, dotted line pattern on the walls and a second structure on top of it, shaped like the base of a short truncated cone.

They eventually got out of the boat as they arrived and a soldier escorted them through the front courtyard and to the administration building where more soldiers were guarding. "It gets more intense on the other side of the ravine." The soldier had a powerful voice over the roaring waterfalls spreading throughout the mountain on the other side of the ravine. 

The soldier stopped them. "The administration building has been taken. Once you go through the building you'll come to an elevator that'll lead to that bridge," the soldier pointed to a large tubular bridge with dotted window strips and slanted ends.

"Once you go through the bridge, go to the white cylinder skyscraper with the disk structure in the middle of it. If you've hit the disk structure, you're too far. We haven't taken those levels yet so avoid them at all cost. Just below that level is where you need to reach the cube building, in which you should notice some war zones. Malum should be located near the second courtyard of that U-shaped multi-cube building. If not, he should be further in where that spherical building is, sticking out of the mountain."

"Okay, we're good," she said which made the soldier walk back to his post.

Leina quickly clutched her comlink, "Mark? Marky? Answer damn it!" Pressing the button on her comlink, she changed the channel. "Sakura. Get me a connection between me and Malum."

"Connections fine," said Kosakura through the comlink.

"Can you get a visual?" Leina asked.

"With that many cameras inside of TCC? Not exactly, I've been searching for him for ever, besides he has to keep moving his ass anyway, how the hell would you figure I'd find him inside of TCC?"

"Ugh!" Leina turned to Donny and flung her arm in the air, offended by her attitude, "See? Told you she was a smart ass." Leina continued to Sakura, "Okay fine. We'll find him on our own."