Chapter 4 - Planning, Searching, And More Drama

(This is dedicated to my friend ApplesAreAwesome1800, in my top three fantasy writers. Check out Element Hunters and her other fantasy stories! She'll provide you with incredibly unique ideas)

Chapter 4

Planning, Searching, And More Drama

Everything around Donny was new to him and he didn't even feel like he belonged with these type of people. It made him uncomfortable, out-of-place, and helpless, like a lost wolf in the middle of the freezing woods, that had no choice but to limp behind his pack from afar, in order to keep up after watching them slowly disappear in the fog.

Tears splashed down into his lap, leaning the top of his head against the side of his bed while sitting on his knees. A very abnormal position but Donny didn't care. He thought of the times he had with Leina and it just wasn't working out because of her carelessness to get accustomed with him. The boy was being outcasted by her, playing with his mind and twisting it to make him feel pathetic and worthless. Of course, Leina never meant to hurt him like this, but she sure was being rude by the way she ignored him every time she was with someone else.

By the way everyone acted, Donny felt like he was nothing to them, only a weird creep ready to set his life up for failure. He thought, and thought.

Donny was walking to his apartment casually, from about fifteen minutes ago. He saw Leina coming down the hallway just about to pass him by. She was walking with her boyfriend Markus next to her, hearing them gossip about their friend Patrick.

"You really think they'll still be together after that?" Leina asked Markus like he was talking nonsense.

"Yeah, they've survived a lot worse. Here, this is what I got," Malum showed Leina a picture on his phone.

Leina hit him on the side of his arm, "You were spying on them?"

He laughed and started running down the hall, ready to pass Donny, "I snagged it while we were passing them!" Leina ran after him from quite a far distance, increasing her laughter with each step.

Donny watched them, and Markus rushed passed him like he didn't even exist. Then came Leina laughing with the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Leina," Donny waved with sort of an emotionless expression on his face, just waiting for Leina to do something rude, and he was right. Leina did exactly what he thought, and blew the wind passed him like he was an invisible ghost, not even noticing his presence.

Donny was left feeling empty inside, not even being noticed by his fellow peers. He felt like a ghost that was lost and trapped inside a cage. His shoulders jerked upwards a bit, as he was in his awkward position near his bed, and the tightness in his chest grew, channeling up to his neck, and turning into tears through his eyes. Just the unbearable pain inside him, wouldn't go away no matter how much he wanted to. One small situation, broke him apart into tears, because he knew nothing's changed. Leina was just there to remind him how much of a pathetic outcast he is, one that deserves nothing but death so he cried even harder and the amount of water drops through his eyes increased, panting and suffering.

The heart in him was broken as if he lost all respect for Leina in one day, just as when he was warming up to her. Why was one little situation getting to him so much? He didn't know how he could loose all respect for her over that, but he did.

______________

The next day, Donny wasn't exactly feeling very happy after that, but then again, he never felt very happy before anyway. He was only a bit more comfortable at this time because he knew it was time for the mission so he didn't have time to cry now, but that didn't mean the pain was gone.