Scene 8 - Request Launch Clearance?

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We open back up to the shot of the SPJ situated on the aircraft carrier, supplied by the familiar stock footage. Inside, Captain Scarlet and Captain Blue helm the control panels. Captain Scarlet's epaulettes flash pink as his radio mic swings down into position.

Captain Scarlet:

Request launch clearance?

In the control room, we can see Captain Magenta sitting in Lieutenant Green's seat as he commands the computer. Colonel White has only just arrived back at his revolving desk and takes his seat.

Captain Magenta:

Spectrum Is Green.

The SPJ begins rolling along, before running off Cloudbase and soaring away into the sky. The first Angel Interceptor blasts off and off the runway. BAM! WHOOSH! The other two Angel Interceptors follow. BAM! BAM! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! Destiny leads the Angels as Angel Leader when we see her in her cockpit. The two other Angels close in as all three Angels fly alongside the SPJ. Destiny's epaulettes flash pink. Captain Magenta replies on the radio.

Destiny:

Rhapsody and Symphony Angel have linked up in formation with Angel Leader and Spectrum Passenger Jet.

Captain Magenta:

S.I.G. Angel Leader. Spectrum Helicopter taking off from Cloudbase now.

We see the Helicopter rising up from an opened space in Cloudbase close to the Angels' runway. Captain Ochre helms the craft as we see his lights flash pink also. His mic swings into position and we hear Captain Magenta's voice again.

Launch clearance S.I.G. Helicopter A11.

Captain Ochre:

Spectrum Is Green!

The Helicopter's propellers begin spinning as the craft is activated. They spin wildly around as the Helicopter then takes to the air and flies off. The Angels and SPJ fly in unison together. Captains Scarlet and Blue maintain their control of the Spectrum Passenger Jet as they engage in conversation.

Captain Blue:

Captain Ochre will be arriving later than us.

Captain Scarlet:

Yes. Spectrum Helicopters aren't necessarily designed for high speed travel. He will be given alternate instructions. Like many of our vehicles, Spectrum Helicopters are stationed all around the world and mainly allow Spectrum personnel to travel to areas inaccessible by other means of transport. They only have a top speed of 302MPH and can travel only ranges up to 300 miles.

Captain Blue:

Well, considering they weigh about 37,500 lbs, about twenty one feet in width, forty five feet long, rotatable at 2,000 r.p.m, and rotor blades thirty nine feet in diametre, that's not bad going.

Captain Grey and Lieutenant Green relax in the passenger bay of the SPJ. The epaulettes flash ochre and bleep loudly. Scarlet's and Blue's do the same. Their mics swing down. We will have alternating scenes between the interior and in one case the passenger bay, of the SPJ and Helicopter. Sometimes, we will hear the Captains on the radios.

Captain Ochre:

Captains Scarlet and Blue?

Captain Scarlet:

Go ahead, Captain Ochre.

Captain Ochre:

Colonel White has briefed me and the Angels with our orders. Your party will meet at a conference with the Marineville personnel. By the time I arrive, I will help with the situation and orders given by their Commander. In a way, I'm like an extra pair of hands.