Scene 22 - Scarlet arrives

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We open back up to the SPJ. Captain Scarlet can see from the far distance the Rosecarrock rig. He decelerates the craft and takes her down. In the rig, the spineless Wea watches nervously, rubbing his hands together as sweat pours from his head. The SPJ slowly lands down onto the helipad port. The speed decelerates as the wheels gracefully touch down on the ground and the craft comes to a halt. Assuming it is the right thing to do, and after looking around himself, Wea heads to meet Captain Scarlet. He can be heard calling out.

Captain Scarlet:

Hello? Anybody there?

Captain Scarlet meets Wea in the corridor. He holds his gun and maintains vigilance, knowing the Mysteron presence around him.

Wea:

Oh. Hello. You are from Spectrum?

Captain Scarlet:

I am. You just about seem to be the most normal thing about here. You do know about the poison fish? And your dead boss?

Wea:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Captain Scarlet points his gun at him.

Captain Scarlet:

Now look, you are going to tell me everything. I expect they are keeping you alive because you are helping them. Is that why you are helping them?

Wea:

Well, yes. I didn't want to die like I saw my friends being blown to bits! I want to live!

Captain Scarlet:

And you know that you have helped bring the death of countless innocent lives.

Wea:

But they forced me!

Captain Scarlet:

You are going to tell me how to put an end to this. And I'll kill you if you are concealing anything from me.

Wea:

Alright! Alright! Come this way. I will show you.

They begin heading down the passageway. We see the vast number of Probes returning and being distributed from their pens in the rig. There is a black balcony at the top. The thick black metal door with dirt and marks in it is left open. Captain Scarlet and Wea watch the process.

Captain Scarlet:

These are your Probes I take it.

Wea:

They collect our stock and have been distributing the fish that has been processed here.

Captain Scarlet:

I know how it is done. What I want to know is how you have been poisoning the supplies of fish.

A grim, sinister voice speaks aloud.

Captain Black:

I THINK I CAN EXPLAIN THAT!

Captain Scarlet:

Captain Black!

Captain Scarlet has turned around to see that Captain Black and X20 are beside the door.

Captain Black:

YOU HAVE WALKED STRAIGHT INTO OUR TRAP, SCARLET!

Captain Scarlet:

I don't think so. What have you been up to in here, Black? Recruiting fish people to do your dirty work?

Titan:

Shall I stun him now, Captain Black?

Captain Black:

Yes, X20.

X20 holds a large silver gun and shoots at Captain Scarlet. A tranquillizer is fired into him, and he falls to the ground and he begins to lose consciousness, knowing he is falling asleep quickly. He hears the last few words spoken before we see his vision fading into blackness.

Wea:

I thought you were going to shoot him so he falls off and plummets into the water.

Captain Black:

IT WAS TEMPTING!

With Captain Scarlet's vision now entirely blank, we continue seeing from his view. His eyes open into jungle forestry. Now seeing Captain Scarlet in normal camera view, he wakes up from the shot. Trees, roots, branches, and a dim-lit sky fills the setting before him.

Captain Scarlet:

Ah! Tranquilizer. I should have seen it coming.

He searches himself. Captain Scarlet finds that he still has his hat, gun, and other Spectrum devices with him. Captain Black's booming voice comes out from the air, making Captain Scarlet jump and grab his gun.

Captain Black:

YOU ASKED WHAT THE MYSTERONS HAVE BEEN DOING, SCARLET!

Captain Scarlet:

Where am I?

Captain Black:

I WILL EXPLAIN ALL AS WE WATCH YOU DIE, AGAIN, AGAIN, AND AGAIN!

The branches snap! CRUNCH! He plummets downwards into a pile of green sickly mud. SPLASH!

Captain Scarlet:

Argh!

Captain Scarlet quickly begins to sink into the thick mud.

Argh! No!

Captain Black:

THE MORE YOU STRUGGLE SCARLET, THE QUICKER YOU WILL SINK!

Captain Scarlet:

No! NO!

Captain Scarlet is then slurped up into the mud, dead and buried in a single second

Captain Scarlet is then slurped up into the mud, dead and buried in a single second. We then suddenly flip to seeing a different setting – Captain Scarlet was alive! He was plummeting hundreds of feet from the sky and toppling down like a stone into a busy city of traffic. 

The wind blows his hat off, and Captain Scarlet falls and falls to certain doom

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...