Scene 17 - Mr Rosecarrock?

The Spectrum Helicopter flies over the city of San Francisco. The sludge has reached the land here too. It climbs and trickles from the sea and slides its goo along roads and towers. The emergency services do their best to keep people as closely away from the stuff. Entire streets are filled with empty lifelessness. The swamping sludge then slithers its way through the city, engulfing everything in its path. People panic and scream from the terror. We see inside the craft. Captain Grey's epaulettes flash white as his mic swings down. Colonel White can be heard on the radio. Lieutenant Green stands beside him and Captain Ochre remains flying the craft.

Captain Grey:

Colonel White, we have found absolutely no trace of where the CargoCopter or the stock could have gotten to.

Colonel White:

Are you certain of this?

Captain Grey:

Positive. The centres themselves have no trace of where it could have gone either. They lost track of it in the middle of the Atlantic. And there has been no sign of any wreckage.

Colonel White:

I imagine that shipload has been used to help aid the cause of the Mysterons in this poison sludge.

Captain Grey:

The city is about to be engulfed by the slime.

Captain Ochre:

We could try to use the Marineville rockets to help destroy some of the stuff.

Colonel White:

That would be too dangerous for the city. It could send a tsunami over the city carrying this fungus in the water. Does the Mysteron gun have any effect?

Lieutenant Green:

No, sir. It has none. The bacteria cannot be destroyed with our weapons.

Captain Ochre:

Our Mysteron guns can only destroy Mysteron agents. We've never tried it on alien bacteria before.

Colonel White:

Very well then. Captain Grey, Lieutenant Green, I want you to assist Captains Scarlet and Blue at Rosecarrock HQ. Captain Ochre, you will continue to repel this threat as much as you can.

Captain Grey:

S.I.G!

The Helicopter spins around to head for the Rosecarrock HQ. A Spectrum Saloon Car is parked outside the building. Inside at the top floor, Captains Scarlet and Blue are being escorted to the Director's office by Ms. Taylor. They approach the entrance to the sliding door.

Ms. Taylor:

I am so sorry for the trouble the Director has caused you, gentlemen.

Captain Blue:

That's alright, miss. We'll see that your boss gets our message. If not, we are going to be sucked into that toxic fish or poisoned by the fumes of it.

Captain Scarlet's mic swings down. His epaulettes flash white.

Captain Scarlet:

Colonel White, we are outside the Director's building. We are going on.

The two Captains grab their Spectrum guns. They approach the door.

I will go in first, Adam.

The sliding entrance opens. Captain Scarlet enters in first. The Director was missing.

Captain Blue:

He's not here!

Ms. Taylor:

He can't have left. He's been in there ever since lunchtime.

Captain Scarlet:

He's got to be here somewhere. Curtains? Safe? What about the safe?

Ms. Taylor:

I don't think he would be...

Captain Scarlet:

Ms. Taylor, we are dealing with a force beyond the comprehension of man. And under the authority of the World President, I order you to open that safe.

She does what Captain Scarlet asks. Ms. Taylor bends down and opens the safe with the four digits 3-9-9-5.

Thank you.

Captain Scarlet heads by the safe, and the Secretary steps back away. The safe is opened, and the camera views the faces of the Captains and the woman from inside the opened cell.

I knew it!

We zoom in on the corpse of the real Damien

Ms. Taylor:

Mr. Rosecarrock!

Captain Blue:

Then if that's the real Director, where is his Mysteron replicant?

There is a sound of a materialisation of some kind. Ms. Taylor is grabbed from behind and a gun held to her head by the Mysteronised Damien. She cries out, and the Captains turn around.

Damien:

Where's your sixth sense now, Captain Scarlet?

Captain Scarlet:

A rare occasion where a Mysteron can shield themselves from my detection.

Captain Blue:

Let her go, Damien. You don't have to do this.

Damien:

Wrong, Earthman! This planet is finished. And so are you, Captain Scarlet! You are coming with me to the Rosecarrock rig. Or say goodbye to Ms. Taylor.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

ARGH!

The man falls to the ground, dropping his gun. Ms. Taylor rushes over to Captains Scarlet and Blue. Captains Grey arrives, having shot the Mysteron agent. Lieutenant Green follows him with the Mysteron Gun. Damien lies on his tummy with blood spilling from his back.

Captain Scarlet:

Are you alright, Ms. Taylor?

Ms. Taylor:

Fine. And thank you.

Captain Blue:

Good timing. Did you find anything?

Captain Grey:

Nothing. Just as well as we were around when you needed us.

Captain Scarlet:

Lieutenant, take care of him.

Damien:

We will be avenged, Earthmen! We will be av-

Lieutenant Green fires the device to kill the Mysteron agent dead, permanently.

Ms. Taylor:

That was horrible.

Captain Scarlet:

It wasn't the Lieutenant that killed your boss, Ms. Taylor. It was the Mysterons.

Ms. Taylor:

But he looks exactly like him. How?

Captain Scarlet:

The Mysterons have powers we cannot understand. Let's go.

Captain Blue:

Where to?

Captain Scarlet:

I'll explain on the way. Captain Grey, Lieutenant Green, you will join back with Captain Ochre's Helicopter.

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...