Scene 30 - Dr Fawn's Diagnostics

We are back on Cloudbase. We see the Spectrum HQ from a night stock shot and then cut into the sick bay. Dr. Fawn is helping Captain Scarlet heal from his terrible injuries. He is covered with blankets and wearing an orange bed outfit and being given all the rest he requires. This is all the treatment he needs for him to return to fine form. An assistant is with Dr. Fawn. He, like his superior, is dressed in a white outfit. Their face is not facing us. Captain Blue and Destiny Angel arrive at the sick bay.

Dr. Fawn:

Could you fetch me some more water for our patient when he wakes up, please?

Assistant:

Yes, Doctor.

The assistant goes out of camera view. Captain Blue and Destiny arrive to the Doctor.

Captain Blue:

Dr. Fawn? How is he?

Dr. Fawn:

He's going to be alright, Captain. He just needs some rest and then he will be in fine form in no time.

Captain Blue:

His injuries were pretty severe. He's never had a razor-sharp blender go through his head before. SNIFFLE!

Destiny:

Or anything trying to cut off his head before.

Dr. Fawn:

I'll admit, his injuries are some of the worst he has suffered. There are already remarkable signs of his recovery once again. His wounds are already healing again. But there is something that is a little odd.

Captain Blue:

Oh?

Dr. Fawn:

You mentioned that he seemed to have gone through a surreal world where he was repeatedly killed over and over again.

Captain Blue:

That is what he told me. He didn't specify exactly what it was.

Dr. Fawn:

Well, he seems to have suffered other injuries in him. A few bullets, bite marks in the torso of the body, and marks that appear to have been made by some dagger.

Captain Blue:

Bullets? Bites? Daggers?

Dr. Fawn:

Yes. They have only started to appear on him. Whatever he went through, the effect of it on his body is starting to show.

Captain Blue:

Remarkable. SNIFFLE! It's funny how even now we are still learning about his powers of retro-metabolism.

The assistant is returning. We see what is being carried in their hand – a glass of water, and power unit with a symbol of electricity.

Destiny:

Perhaps the Captain will tell us at the party tomorrow.

Captain Blue:

We shouldn't really be meeting up anyway. SNIFFLE! Not with this bug I've caught from Marineville. It's probably gone all around Cloudbase now.

Dr. Fawn:

That's the way these diseases work. The common cold does have some benefits after all. It saved us. It saved the world.

The assistant approaches Captain Scarlet and places the water down on the desk.