Scene 23 - Battleship Atlantic

The swampy fish continue building up. San Francisco is beginning to be engulfed by the toxic substance. Emergency vehicles hurriedly rush from the scene to escape it. Some people are already dead and are left to be churned up into it. Others have begun choking on the poisonous fumes and are left to the mercy of the swamp. One man has begun to choke, but the slime squelches and covers his body. He gives a terrifying scream and falls into the fish dead. The fish keeps making its way to Marineville. Rockets explode at sea whilst the Angels, WASP Interceptors, Aircraft keep attacking the sludge. SPLASH! CRASH! KABOOM! KAROAR! BANG! The Battleship Atlantic begins approaching the area of sludge that has begun to attack Marineville. The WASP base has begun descending underground. The tower is the first to descend as "Battlestations" begin.

Commander:

Emergency lighting, Atlanta!

The extra lighting turns on inside the tower. On Cloudbase, Captain Magenta turns to Colonel White.

Captain Magenta:

Colonel, all fish stock is being recalled.

We start to zoom towards the Colonel.

Colonel White:

Thank you, Captain. Come on, Captain Scarlet. You've got to find out what is happening at the rig.

Captain Scarlet has fallen unconscious yet again. His head rises and he scans the area around him. It is another forestry setting. Tied up beside a tree in an open and vulnerable space of jungle, he hears another booming voice calling out to him.

Captain Black:

THE MYSTERONS HAVE FORMED AN ALLIANCE WITH THE UNDERWATER PEOPLES OF EARTH! MANY LONG YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN AT WAR WITH EARTHMEN!

We swap to a control room where we see a monitor looking at the tied up Captain. This then reveals to a large control console with various screens showing different pictures. The panel is marked with the usual array of buttons, switches, knobs, metres, and levers. This is manned by Captain Black in his grey seat. X20 shares another. They are responsible for torturing Captain Scarlet.

X20:

You terraneans have been disrupting our world for countless generations. You have eaten our food and undersea life forms, and transgressed our ancient laws.

Captain Scarlet:

So what have you been up to here? You destroyed the rig and spared one survivor and used him to threaten his life to ensure you run the base like clockwork.

X20:

Exactly that. You have been eating we undersea creatures for hundreds of years. Now it is our turn.

Captain Black pulls a lever. A hatch opens from the ground in the jungle. Hissing sounds from it. A snake wriggles out and slithers out towards Scarlet. It approaches him and raises it up as the creature prepares to bite at him! It hisses at him with its tongue licking.

 It approaches him and raises it up as the creature prepares to bite at him! It hisses at him with its tongue licking

 It bites! CHOMP! Suddenly, the setting changed again. Captain Scarlet was now inside a car that was driving by itself. The area around him was a rocky terrain like a road on a cliffside.

Captain Scarlet:

Now what?

He can tell the car is being driven by the Mysterons and cannot get out. Sat in the driver's seat, Captain Scarlet uses his gun to try and break the window, but it just ricocheted off the glass.

Captain Black:

WE HAVE BEEN ALTERING THE PRODUCTION OF THE FISH BY MUTATING ITS ORGANIC STRUCTURE!

X20:

It is now entirely toxic to you land people.

Captain Scarlet:

That could mean you could have done absolutely anything to it. Heavens know what the mutation did. But it's toxic enough.

Captain Black:

AND IT HAS BEEN DEPLOYED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROBES! A SMALL QUANTITY HAS BEEN DEPLOYED IN STRATEGIC REGIONS UNDERWATER AND HAS NOW GROWN TO LARGE QUANTITIES! ALL SEA AND LAND WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE SUCCUMBED TO IT!

Below him, deep below at the bottom of the hill, stacks of lighted dynamite are ready to explode when the rope has been entirely burnt up. Around another section of the hill, high in the sky, Mysteron rings slide over a set of rocks. It is quickly loosened, and a landslide soon begins! The car is coming straight towards the tumbling rocks. Captain Scarlet has noticed it! He tries to smash the window, but nothing works still. After trying to bust his way through the door, the landslide worsens. He tries to open the door, but the lock prevents him. BANG! SMASH! POW! His bullet from his gun fires at the lock, freeing his access. Captain Scarlet jumps out in time!

 He falls from the hill and goes toppling down, failing to catch onto anything that will save his fall

 He falls from the hill and goes toppling down, failing to catch onto anything that will save his fall. The car drives straight into a tumbling rock. CRASH! KABOOM! Captain Scarlet then falls into an abyss with the landslide and crushed car...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...