What a Mess

Gardenia led them out of the building they used for their conversation. Nothing crazy was happening in the camp, and there seemed to be no problems or conflict emerging. The area by the entrance had been cleared of both people and weapons. Jordan looked around. Everything had been cleaned up so quickly. Had they all gotten up on their own, or did their supporters take them away?

Gardenia had dismissed both Kane and Al to go do other things in the camp. Most likely to make sure things weren't devolving into chaos. Meanwhile, Gardenia was leading Jordan, Axel and Sasha to an area where they would stay for the time being. Jordan looked around and got a better look t this city turned camp. Much of the city was outside the walls—these people had settled down in the plaza and the few buildings that were around it. They had kept away from the trees, as pokémon spawned in trees and the areas close to them. The inside of the walls looked fine, but the outside did have a little damage from stray pokémon attacks. People were holed up in the few buildings that were safe to use. People from the same groups normally stayed together, and those that wanted to stay away from the fighting had protection from Gardenia. It was if supporting Gardenia was a third group in itself.

Gardenia stopped in front of one of the more run down buildings. It could have previously been some kind of bike shop. The colors were faded, and the sign which previously stood there could not be deciphered. Inside, there were a few wrenches on the ground, and only a single bike left. It was the infamous bike shop after all. Jordan looked around. Why was there only one bike left? This would make it easier to travel around and get supplies, but Jordan didn't recall seeing anyone with a bike.

Jordan approached the last bike. It looked like it could still work. It wasn't rusted over, and looked to be in good repair, so why was it still in the store? The bike was red, and the wheels were still filled with air. There didn't seem to be any holes either. Jordan had lost her bike early on in their new world. Besides, an area like Snowpoint didn't have easy bike access anyway.

"That bike's a little difficult to ride," said Gardenia. "The shop owner was experimenting with it once the world devolved into chaos, and no one's been able to get the hang of it. If you want to try it out later, be my guest."

Jordan nodded, and left the bike where it was. She turned, and saw that the rest of them—Gardenia, Axel, and Sasha—were looking at her expectantly. Jordan frowned. "Why are you all staring at me?"

"Now that we have her attention," said Axel, "let's get talking."

"Yeah," said Sasha," Gardenia. Please tell us more about these two groups, so we know what we have to keep in order. One thinks that pokémon can go back to normal, and the other thinks we need to go out and try to kill pokémon before they come after us, right?"

Gardenia nodded. "Yes. They have all decided to wear a color to separate them from the other. Green is for those who think pokémon will return to normal, and orange for those who believe we need to kill pokémon first. So try not to wear any of these colors around here."

Jordan looked down at herself and smirked. It looked like none of them would have to worry. But there was something interesting to those colors. "It looks like each of those groups tried to pick colors you wear."

"Yeah." Gardenia sighed. "Both of them really want me on their side. I had to stop wearing my favorite cape."

"How often would you say they get into fights?" asked Sasha. "We need to know how many times we'll have to go through this."

"Not that I mind," muttered Jordan.

"Yeah," said Axel, "if it's as easy as it was today, then we don't have anything to worry about."