Success!

After Candice left the room, Jordan and Axel looked at each other.

"Loved the vote of confidence," muttered Jordan. Axel smirked.

"Don't be like that. She's just watching out for us."

"How the hell have you stayed so optimistic?"

Axel shrugged and stood up with minor difficulty. Jordan moved to help him, but he put a hand up to stole her. Jordan rolled her eyes and stepped back.

Once Axel was standing, he crossed his arms. "We should still probably stay inside for a little bit. Nurse Joy'll probably want to check up on us again."

"Hang around here and do what?"

"Well," Axel opened the door, "there's a group of kids here that always figure out what to do."

"I don't like sitting around," huffed Jordan.

"Yeah, yeah. You're the big, bad, ex-trainer that survived out in the wild for an entire year by herself. Come on."

Jordan was at a loss for words. She was not a "big, bad, ex-trainer." She simply grew used to doing things on her own. Things were rough out there. Only the strong survived.

Jordan reluctantly followed Axel out to the lobby of the Pokémon Center, where a group of kids was waiting. A boy with brown hair and olive green eyes saw her and ran up to her.

"Jordan! Thanks for helping my mom!"

Sweat ran down the side of Jordan's face. "Uh, no problem, Jake. Don't, ah, don't mention it."

Jordan saw Axel stifling a laugh in her peripheral vision. She turned her head and glared at him, only making him laugh even harder.

"Your face is so red! Ahahaha! Is the big bad Jordan embarrassed?"

"I'm not embarrassed!"

"Sure," Jordan hated how he dragged out that word, "it has nothing to do with someone showing their thanks to you at all."

"Asshole, if I wasn't like this, you'd be a dead man!"

"I guess I'll count my lucky stars." Axel paused for a few moments, then grinned. "So if you can't do anything with your bow—or attack me in any way, really—then that means I can basically say whatever I want, right?"

Jordan glared at him. This time successfully shutting the male up. Jordan sighed and turned around. She walked behind Nurse Joy's desk and picked up the small bundle of firewood. She directed another glare towards Axel, then walked out of the Pokémon Center.

Jordan sighed as she closed the door to her house. She carried the bundle of wood to the kitchen, then set it on the counter. She walked outside, and found the area of fresh snow where she had buried the sneasel meat.

As she was digging through the snow, he arms started to ache. The cuts were stinging, and the cold didn't do much to help her aching shoulders. They had just thawed out, but Jordan didn't want to sit still. She felt like it was her duty to find a way for the others to have food during the winter months. After all, they took her in when they found her out in the wild.

Jordan shook her head. Part of her couldn't believe that she was doing this. She normally wouldn't, but since it concerned her survival as well...

"I really don't have a choice in this," she muttered, "do I?" Jordan finished digging up the pokémon meat, and started carrying it inside.

Once she was inside, she set the meat on the counter. She had to sort out what she was going to cook.

Jordan set apart the meat, then walked outside the build the base of the fire. With a little trouble, she was able to start the fire. It was so much easier with pokémon around. Not that she normally used fire type pokémon anyway. Ice types used to be her favorite. Now she just wasn't sure if she could have a favorite anymore.