A Crazy Solution

Jordan dragged the sneasel corpse to the house where she stayed. She decided to drop it off, then left to go find Candice. She was going to try breaking it to the gym leader that once they ran out of food, they were going to have to try eating pokémon.

Jordan decided that Candice could only be in one of three places — the Pokémon Center, the gym, or the Snowpoint Trainer's School. She decided to go to the Trainer's School first.

Jordan walked through the city, and was passing by the Pokémon Center when another ex-trainer bumped into her.

"Ah! Sorry! Are you okay?"

Jordan looked up to see a boy her age with black hair and sky blue eyes. He was wearing a dark grey shirt, black pants, and combat boots. He reached down and pulled her up.

"Axel, what the hell?"

Axel rubbed the back of his neck, and started to pick up the blankets around him. Jordan bent down and started to pick them up as well. Axel looked at Jordan. "Thanks for the help. I heard you were going to look for these but you never showed up at the Pokémon Center."

"I got distracted. Hey, follow me." Jordan started walking, and Axel decided to follow her. She led him to the house she was staying in. Axel gasped when she opened the door.

"Is that what I think it is? Jordan, why the hell do you have that in here?"

"Hear me out." Jordan put her hands up to calm Axel. "Our food supply is going to run out soon. If we want less people to die in the winter, we need to eat some other way. I know you and the other ex-trainers around here aren't happy with the idea, but we're going to have to eat pokémon."

"Jordan, this is zubat shit crazy! How do you expect us to eat something like this?"

"I said to hear me out. I've done it before when I was out there on my own. It takes a little getting used to, but it's the only chance we've got. I'll prepare it, just try it with me." Jordan smirked. "I can't be the only one suggesting the crazy idea to eat pokémon."

Axel looked to the side, then shook his head. He let out a frustrated sigh, the nodded. "I'll try it if it's to keep people around here from dying."

Jordan nodded and smirked. "I knew you were a good kid!"

"We're the same age, jackass!"

Jordan crossed her arms. "It might be a little bland, but it's what we would have to deal with anyway."

Axel held a hand up to stop her. "Just cook the damn thing. Don't tell me all the details."

Jordan nodded again, and turned to the pokémon corpse. Axel left the house, and continued to walk around and hand out blankets at the Pokémon Center.

Jordan took out her kitchen knife to start to skin the pokémon, then paused. She did want to try and break the news to Candice, but considering the former gym leader was still hung up about pokémon becoming savage, it probably wasn't the best idea to tell her. Jordan decided she could let Candice know about eating pokémon once Axel agreed that it was acceptable.

If not, I'll just break it to her myself.

Jordan got up and decided to look through the house for a bigger knife to skin the sneasel. She would prefer to have a dagger of some sort, but she never bothered to get one.

Jordan looked through the drawers in the kitchen, and was able to find something that looked like a hunting knife and a hunting dagger. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at her two finds.