A Strange Visitor

"Finally!"

Jordan stretched her arms. Nurse Joy had just finished clearing both Jordan and Axel to leave. Jordan's cuts were healed—only a few light scars remained. Axel was left still walking around with a slight limp, but other than that, he was also okay to leave. The ex-trainer claimed that it didn't even hurt anymore.

Jordan immediately ran towards the exit of the Pokémon Center.

"Hold on!"

Jordan stopped and turned around. What else was going to hold her there? She wanted to finally leave the center. Nurse Joy was walking toward the brunette.

"You may be allowed to leave the Pokémon Center," started Nurse Joy, "but you should try to stay behind the gates for a little while longer. I don't want a repeat visit from you so soon."

"I'll be careful."

Nurse Joy grabbed Jordan's shoulder. "I'm serious. You shouldn't do anything to get yourself hurt again so soon."

Jordan pushed the nurse's hand off. "I know. I'm not planning on getting hurt again."

Nurse Joy nodded and turned around, satisfied with Jordan's answer. Jordan left the Pokémon Center. She was going to find out what was happening around town without having to wait for Candice's report.

As Jordan walked around, she saw that there wasn't much of a difference. I guess everything was okay while I was stuck in there.

Jordan stretched, enjoying the cool air against her face. It was cold, but it felt nice being outside compared to being stuck inside for so long.

Even though she was terrible at farming, Jordan decided to stop by the fields. She wanted to see where they were at on food. Based on that information, she could push for Candice to introduce the idea of eating meat faster.

As Jordan was walking to the fields, she felt something on her head. She touched it, and her hand came away wet. She looked around, and saw that snow was starting to fall. Winter had started.

Jordan picked up the pace and kept walking towards the fields. When she got there, she saw two people tending to the earth, one blond woman, and a man with dark green hair. They were trying to see if anything had grown.

"Is there anything I can do?"

The woman with blond hair looked up at Jordan, trying to stifle a laugh. "You, help? Jordan, you have terrible luck with plants. With you around, nothing will end up growing well."

Jordan sighed. "How's the harvesting going?"

"We'll have enough."

"That's it?"

"You don't need to know everything that goes on here. That's Candice's job."

"I'm close to her."

"Like that means anything. Why don't you go out and do some recon? That's what you're good for."

Jordan scowled, then walked away. Was it that difficult to understand that she wanted to help out a little big? She just wanted to know where they were at with the food. She shook her head. It didn't matter. She was finally out of the Pokémon Center, and she could do whatever the hell she wanted.

Screams interrupted Jordan's thoughts. She heard them coming from the gate facing Acuity Lakefront. She sprinted toward the direction of the gate. When she got there, she silently cursed that she only had a knife on her. She was forced to leave her bow in her house while she healed. Nurse Joy said something about how the children shouldn't be exposed to too many weapons yet. That was never happening again.