Twelve

I woke up to the smell of something like bacon. Tho I can't be sure, I haven't had bacon in more then a decade.

Slowly I managed to get up, everything was freezing but I don't really mind. I'm mostly used to it. I grabbed a blanket and pulled it over my shoulders, taking the IV bag with me. Or was it the stand? I think it's the stand. At least everything was easy to walk on.

I followed the scent and made it to what looks like a kitchen.

"Morning Ton- TERR?!" I turned to the voice to see Steve at the counter. Why'd he think I was Tony. Steve gawked like a fish and stood there for quite a bit. I sighed and went to go back to the medical room I was in. I wonder if they'd let me get some toast...

"W-wait. I made breakfast. Would you like some?" His voice was a lot softer then I remembered. I looked back at him then to the breakfast he was making. My stomach growled and decided for me.

"Sit over on the couch, it'll be more comfortable for you. I'll bring the food to you." Steve quickly went to work. I sighed and headed over to the couch. It was a decent struggle but I managed, flopping down and onto the couch with a soft huff. Annoying.

The couch was comfy tho, softer then the med bed. I pulled the blanket tighter and laid on my side, still cold. I hate blood loss.

Not too long later I closed my eyes, I was still so tired.

"Hey, wake up." Oh come on-

I grunted and opened my eyes, Steve standing in front of me with a plate of food. Oh- that's a lot-

It looked good tho. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, a couple pancakes topped with butter and actual maple syrup- shiiiiit-

This dude really is captain America damn-

I carefully grabbed the plate, noting the warmth. It warmed my hands up tho and made me happy. I barely caught it but he was smiling. Guess he was happy about something. I pulled my knees up and started to chew on the food. It was actually really good. I heard Steve sigh before he sat down near my feet, a sad look over his face.

"Hey um... I'm sorry. I really am. As a kid I was always upset that I couldn't find my soulmate. I kinda just accepted I was being alone. When I found the team, er... They found me. I just wanted them to be happy, so seeing them be so worried about you got me annoyed. Doesn't excu-"

"Shut up." I groaned, rolling my eyes before stuffing a slab of scrambled eggs on pancakes into my mouth. He gawked at me again, right.. fourties dude.

He looked at me like a kicked puppy but nodded. He went to stand up, buuut. Yeah no, he's warm. I carefully put my legs on his lap, forcing him back down. He looked at me but I pretended to focus more on the food. His face relaxed and he got comfortable, tho I don't know how he could with freezing skin on his lap.

"Whewe ae twe ohers?" The question had been on my mind since I left but I really HAD to ask with my mouth full?!

"I wake up earlier then everyone else to make breakfast, with the exception of Natasha, Bucky, and sometimes Tony depending on if he slept the night before. But Natasha slept late last night cause she didn't wanna leave your side till about two hours ago." I have no idea how he understands what I say honestly. I frowned down at the few remaining eggs, a sudden sense of guilt filling my chest. I can't eat anymore. Even tho I wanted to. But I didn't want to make him get up or leave... But I don't want to leave dirty dishes out.... That'd be rude, and they've been nice so far...

"Do you not like the eggs?"

"Oh! Uh, no... I'm just full." I mumbled. The worry quickly leaving his face. He smiled at grabbed the plate, moving my feet to the side we felt to do whatever with the dish. Man he was comfy...

Huffing in annoyance I bundled back into the blankets and curled into myself, slowly drifting off. Not too long later Steve had returned apparently, he lifted up my head giving me a fucking heart attack before he rested it on his lap. Ohhhhh that's better-

How are his thighs so soft what the hell-

Almost immediately the warmth sent me back into that stage between sleep and the waking world. I don't really understand why he's being nice but it feels good. Feels like I matter to someone.

"Hey sp- why is she out here?" That's... Tony I think?

"She came out about an hour ago and got some breakfast. She's still cold so I'm trying to make sure she stays warm and doesn't pass out again. She's sleeping tho so keep it down." Steve quietly and quickly explained. I could physically feel the tension in the air soften.

"I'll get her some heated blankets. I'll ask Natasha if she'd be okay with a weighted one too."

"Alright. Just be quick, and breakfast is in the kitchen. Tell the others to be quiet too, especially Thor." Huh. I guess they do care.

My brain finally warmed up enough for me to sleep without worry. The sense of calm wrapping me like a jacket and hiding me from the world. But the deal wasn't there like normal. It was calm. Happy even. Its nice...