Dabi

Dabi x Pro-Hero Male Reader

Anime: BNHA

Type: Angst (?)

Quirk: Silk-- The user can create spider web-like silk from their fingertips

Requested by: @Zuki_007

~~~~~

That night, anyone would have thought (Y/n) was crazy.

Even if he was a pro-hero, walking into an inferno of blue flames with a bored expression made him look crazier than the one causing said fire. (Y/n) wove between patches of fire, all the while pondering on what to make for dinner. 

It did not take long for him to spot a familiar face. It would have been faster without all the smoke and fire obscuring his vision but that did not matter. He held out his hand and thin strands of silk shot from his fingertips. 

They wrapped around the figure and with a simple tug on the silk, (Y/n) tightened the strands, pinning the figure's arms to their sides. The villain turned to the hero. 

"That's kinda hot" Dabi said with his usual mocking smirk on his lips. (Y/n) rolled his eyes at the comment. "Not the time, Dabi. I'll have you know that I was having a grand ol' time talking to a friend of mine but now I have to deal with your burnt ass" he said, pulling the taller male closer to him, "Now then, you know the drill. Put this fire out".

(Y/n) jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding being burnt alive. "And you also know the drill" Dabi said. He had twisted his right hand up at an awkward angle but it was one where he got a clear shot of the hero, "I'm not going down easy".

The hero smirked at the comment. Despite the fact that he clearly had the upper hand, with the villain wrapped up like the world's most dangerous Christmas present, Dabi still was going to put up a fight. 

"I would be disappointed if you did" 

~~~~~

(Y/n), along with Death Arms (who had shown up a few minutes into the fight), were standing off to the side, answering questions from the police. The officers had gone easy on (Y/n) question-wise as it was obvious the pro-hero was not in the mood for questioning. 

Dabi had not been too happy when Death Arms came to (Y/n)'s aid. He shouted something about a tango being for two before disappearing into the night. 

Both heroes were more than relieved when questions stopped coming. (Y/n) thanked the other before going on his merry way. A frown was on his face as he walked the city streets. Thanks to Dabi, he would have to fill out paperwork at his hero agency before he could head home.

A lot of paperwork.

(Y/n) had only been a pro-hero for a little over a year. In that time, he had caught Dabi doing some kind of crime seventeen times. Well, I guess it'd be eighteen now. (Y/n) frowned at the thought. It was frustrating --he was frustrating. 

Eighteen times and (Y/n) had yet to catch the fire user. "What's wrong, Spider?" a voice asked. 

Spider. It was his hero name. Not very original but in his defense, he came up with it when he was a freshmen in high school.

"Hey, Hawks" (Y/n) said. He did not have to turn around to know it was the winged hero talking to him. That, and the sound of wingbeats gave it away. The blonde landed next to him and flashed a smile. 

(Y/n) could not help but smile back. The one he gave was a small one but it was still a smile. "Rough night?" Hawks asked, despite obviously knowing the answer. "You have no idea" (Y/n) said slouching slightly with a sigh.