Tracker

Year: 875; Present Time.

Month: July 27th.

Time: 1130.

5 years after the incident &

2 days after the rescue

Caspian's P.O.V.

Caspian begrudgingly made his way towards where Willow was. She was out in the garden area, reading one of Meiko's botany books. Her eyebrows were scrunched, and her lips pursed as she skimmed over the pages. Knowing which plants are helpful can mean life or death in one's case. Caspian's youngest, Sparrow, was cuddled up underneath Ember's wing, peacefully sleeping. She laid her head on Ember's legs, using her own wings and part of Ember's as a blanket, shielding herself from the bright sun. Seraphina and Camdyn were sparring against each other with wooden sticks, both playfully laughing as they did. They carelessly stepped over rocks and tree branches by the edge of the river. Most likely to get the other to fall into the water. Elvern and Iris were picking and eating various fruits that grew on the trees and bushes. Elvern climbed the trees while Iris stayed below. The wooden basket she held was already half full, no doubt to make a concoction of sorts later. As Caspian approached the group and cleared his throat to get their attention. When they all turned to look at him, save for Sparrow still sound asleep, he spoke,

"I'm sorry that our trip was cut short. I'll make it up with the next one." Caspian said apologetically, "But I am glad that you are all safe. Next time I can take you all to the park a little further past town, I promise," Caspian's eyes met red, "Willow, I need to talk to you; it's important."

She nodded, put a leaf in the book to mark her page, and placed it on the ground. She gently picked up Sparrow and handed her to Camdyn. The shifter sat where Ember was, using his wing to shield Sparrow as Ember had. Caspian walked to a further tree, still being able to keep an eye on the children, and sat down. He rested his head against the tree trunk, a deep sigh escaped from his body. Willow sat next to him, worry lines appeared on her face. As she sat down, Caspian closed his eyes and inhaled one deep breath.

"Willow... is there any way you could lead us back to Cerberus' base" Caspian stated, opening his eyes to stare at the sky, "According to Meiko, they most likely still have him captive," Caspian asked her.

Ember watched the kids as they ran around, carefree to the impending danger that loomed ahead, "I don't remember the path that was, but the base was inside a mountain. The cells Eclipse and I were in were underground."

"Is there anything else you might remember?" Caspian said to her, "Anything significant?"

"We were definitely by the sea, and the terrain was all stone. We were definitely far from shore because of how long we sailed," Willow explained, "Cerberus's leader spoke with me. He called himself M. As for the other two... I hit my head when their names were spoken; I can't remember them. I'm sorry."

"Okay, that's good to know, and we'll have you look at a map. We'll start from the location of where Murdoc's ship was, then go from there." Caspian replied to her, "There's also one more thing..."

"What?"

"Meiko needs to confirm something with you. Its important enough to call a full meeting with everyone in the hall tonight. Listen, Willow, if there's anything you might know or think you know. Please tell us." Caspian pleaded, hoping to get an answer out of her.

Willow signed and rolled up the pant leg of her bottoms. On her calf was a large wolf bite; the wound had already scarred over, "One of Cerberus' leaders, the necromancer, had a wolf with him. On one of my many escape attempts, it bit me. After that, they always knew where I'd be running... it always creeped me out..." The phoenix revealed.