𝒊. 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒓

"GET UP - WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP."

Sitting alone in the corner of the dark, empty, plain bunker, Tatum Quinn slowly turned her head up. Standing at the doorway was the man she spent her whole life fearing. Her father.

Hours, days, weeks went by, and Tatum began to lose count of how long she'd been down there. Trapped. With nobody to save her. But every day, she wished would be her last. At first, she tried fighting back. Every night, at the usual seven o'clock, she'd be waiting, ready to claw at her father. It never worked, though, and eventually, she'd just given up. With everything.

The days were lonely, and if she was lucky, she'd have a short-lived visit from Rafe, who she'd argue for hours with. But then she hit him, so they had to put chains on her. She could bearly open her eyes anymore. Her whole body was a bright shade of purple that no amount of concealer could cover up. Not that she'd ever get any makeup, anyway. She was alive, but she wasn't living. A dead girl walking - that's exactly what she had turned into over the course of her kidnapping.

Nobody was coming for her. There was nobody to rescue her. She used to imagine the door bursting open one day. Pope and JJ would run down the steps with heroic and mighty faces, and Kie would sprint towards her with a hard, desperate kiss. But Tatum soon gave up on the idea that she'd be rescued. Obviously, they hated her for her crimes. They had every right to not want to save her - she was crazy, unhinged.

Thomas would've saved her, though. He always saved her.

Today, however, was different. When her father revealed himself at the end of the doorway, he was standing fully-clothed. Not completely and shamelessly nude, like he usually was. "You hear me, girl? Get the fuck up!"

She slowly blinked and stood up from the floor, immediately feeling lightheaded and shaky. Nathan nodded his head and down came the psychotic big brothers of Sarah and Tatum. It was an interesting duo, actually, Leroy and Rafe - they still absolutely hated each other, but would do anything for their dads' attentions and appreciations.

Leroy roughly grabbed his little sister by the arm and tore her chains off the wall, Rafe doing the same with the other side.

They knew she wouldn't fight anymore. She was blank. Tired. Empty. There was nothing left in her to fight. It made her father grin. She did this to herself.

They lead her up the steps, where she limped and breathed heavily from the painful amount of exercise. Everytime she stopped for even a second, Nathan would impatiently clock her over the jaw, which made a snicker escape her brother's mouth. Rafe Cameron, however, looked mildly uncomfortable. The weak spot of the group. Poor boy clearly didn't know what he signed up for.

Up the stairs was a fantastic garden. One of the largest ones Tatum had ever seen. The sun hit her skin for the first time in what felt like forever, and it made her want to die. Crawl back up into the dark space, and slowly desiccate until she was nothing.

She didn't have to think to know who the garden belonged to. It was the Camerons' - Tatum had broken into the home too many times to not be able to recognise it. Apparently, they had a secret underground bunker built into the grass. At least she knew that for the next time she wanted to go robbing. If there ever was a next time...

Tatum had no idea what she was walking into, but genuinely hoped it would be her death. Better to die numb rather than live in pain, she assumed.

But, of course, that girl never got what she wished for.

Ward Cameron stood at the edge of the yard, dressed in a fancy suit with a glass of champagne in his hand. "Ever been on vacation, Tatum?" he asked cheerfully. "I have a feeling you're going to like this one."