𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒈𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

"YOU SURE WERE GOOD, CLEO?"

Everyone, including a very energetic baby, sighed when they finally parked up outside the dock they entered the island on - well, Tatum and TJ didn't, they got there by plane. The sun was setting now, and police cars were still searching every square meter of Nassau for them.

"Yeah, man," Cleo answered John B with a calm look on her face. The others were beginning to wonder if she ever got worried or frightened. "We'll just wait here until it cools down."

"You do mean 'cools down', like, when the cops are all gone, right?" asked Tatum, scrunching up her nose at the foul smell floating through the car. "Not, like, weather."

"Right."

Sarah groaned quietly, trying her hardest not to show how much pain she was in - she knew the two stronger girls behind her wouldn't act like they were unable to move if it had happened to them; they'd probably even run faster, and join a marathon for the fun of it.

"You okay?" John B questioned her softly, noticing her gritted teeth and pained eyes in an instant.

"Fine," she breathed, clenching her jaw to reduce the hurt of her gut.

"No, you're not," Tatum spoke up, leaning over her seat with a helpful smile. She dug her hand down her bra and fished out a joint. "But you will be after this."

Sarah raised a single brow, but took the blunt anyway because she would do anything to feel better right now. There had only ever been one time when she was stoned. It was a few weeks ago, on the boat with Kiara when they put their argument behind them. They talked a lot about Tatum and their almost-kiss that night. Tatum seriously had no idea how much that girl loved her.

"When did you have time to make that?" John B asked while his sister lit his girlfriend's spliff with her usual, uplifting giggle. He was glad they were finally becoming friends after all the shit their families did to put them against each other. They were raised to hate each other, and look at them now. It was a huge improvement.

Tatum shrugged. "While you were at the doctor's, I was trying to calm the baby down," she answered simply, causing everyone to turn to her with blank faces.

"You gave a baby weed?" asked John B, blinking at her.

"Tried to - he wouldn't smoke it properly."

Nobody had anything to say to that. Why were they surprised? It was Tatum.

"Ugh, what's that smell," Sarah asked, plugging her nose other the thick, poop stench.

"TJ," said Cleo with a shrug. "It's been like this for ages."

"Anyone know how to change a diaper without a new diaper?" Tatum held the baby away from her and cringed at the rotten stink. She would learn how to clean him, but not today. Today, someone else could do it. Someone with a younger sibling. Sarah.

"Ew, no, I don't want it," she cried, but lifted up the smelly newborn anyway, keeping him away from her face.

"Teach me how to change a diaper," Tatum told her, leaning over the seat and taking out a knife to make notes because she didn't have a pen.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"HELLO, LOVEBIRDS, WERE RUNNING FROM THE COPPERS RIGHT NOW."

TJ giggled at Cleo's rhythmic whistle and played with one of his sister's knives calmly. Once Sarah had finished getting rid of his dirty nappy, cleaning him and replacing it with a t-shirt that was tied over him, they all jumped out of the car and snuck behind a few of the boats, while still hiding from the police. Now, Sarah and John B were having a heartfelt conversation deciding where they were going to go next, but it was turning into a small disagreement. While John B wanted to escape to another island, this one smaller with bearly any people, and continue running for the rest of his life, Sarah wanted to go home to Outerbanks and get this shit over and done with by stopping her dad once and for all.

𝐍𝐎 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘, 𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄 - kiara carrera²On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara