𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅

"WHAT ABOUT YOU AND KIE?"

Sitting on the floor of The Twinkie with her brand new, real meds - thank you, Pope Heyward - Tatum rested her head on John B's shoulder with a loud sigh.

"We're in a weird place at the moment," she told him with a light frown, watching through the window as Kie, Pope and JJ all scoffed down their breakfast at the Wreck with laughter and giggles. Her parents hadn't opened up yet, meaning she could break in herself and make some food for the pouges. However, Tatum wanted to stay in the van to catch up on more rest, and John B decided he wanted to stay with her. "I mean, I can forgive her - that's easy - but she really hurt me, JB. I went crazy without her. I killed so many people."

The boy nodded understandingly, wrapping his arms around the girl, glad to have a proper conversation with her since the Bahamas.

Tatum shrugged. "And I know it's not normal to kill people after a breakup, but I'm just not right in the head," she went on sadly, shaking the bottle of prescription pills in her hand. "And I never will be. Pope says it's a chemical imbalancement in my brain."

John B shook his head, resting his chin on her shoulder and giving her waist a tight squeeze. "We will always love you, Tate, no matter what is wrong with your head," he assured her truthfully. And it really was truthful. They never gave up on Tatum. Not once since they witnessed her first breakdown. No matter what she threw at them, no matter whose throat she slit, they always came back for her. And they would continue to do that forever. "Me, JJ, Sarah, Pope and Kie - we'll always be here."

She nodded, turning her head to face him with a slight smile. "I know that," she said, and shrugged again. "I just need some time before rushing into it with her again. All they did was have a pitty fuck while I was dead - it's not even that big - and I'm over that now, anyway. But I need to not be so obsessed with her. It's not normal for a person to cause so much destruction because of one person hurting them. It's not normal for a person to be so freakishly obsessed with another. I just need to...focus on myself for a little while."

"Maybe that's exactly what you need to do," John B supported her, planting a soft, brotherly kiss on her forehead. He nodded to the window of the town's most famous restaurant, where Kiara was staring right back at them with longing and lust. "But I don't think she's giving up this time."

Tatum grinned, pushing her body away from his and jumping up to shake off all her energy the pills were supposed to take away from her. Clearly, they hadn't had time to settle in yet. "Good. She can work for it this time. I'll just sit back and enjoy the attention."

John B chuckled, standing up to swing the energetic girl around, as they danced to absolutely no music. The only thing that could've made this moment better would've been JJ, but he was too busy gliding sausages down his throat.

a/n: short chapter, but idk, i really like how she has a different friendship with everyone. like pope is all the logical and helpful stuff. john b is the deep shit. and jj is just fun.