𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒖𝒏𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

"RUN!"

Before another word could be uttered, before another gasp could be took, before anyone could react to such a scene of son shooting mother, the three pouges sprinted, faster than they ever had in their lives, as they raced against the bullets, as they raced against their death.

Golden gun still shinning bright in his hand, blood that had splattered back at him coating his fingers, Cameron fell to the floor of the Carrera's car, breath shaking, completely shook up by his own actions. He did it. He shot that bitch, once and for all.

And he didn't...he didn't feel bad at all - just like Tatum had explained when she killed people. He wasn't sure if Carla was dead or not, but he didn't care either way. She was dead to him either way.

"Careful, bro, the Quinn in you is starting to show," humoured JJ, a tight grin on his face, hands stained in the wet blood of the unconscious girl in his arms, as he swung himself into the passenger seat of the truck.

Climbing into the driver's seat, turning her key into the wheel, engine roaring into action, Kiara turned to her right to face Tatum Quinn, eyes gleaming with relieved tears as she smiled and planted another kiss to her forehead, more than grateful to have her girl back again.

However, even at the soft touch of her girlfriend, Tatum didn't so much as stirr in her sleep. She was trapped in the middle, between life or death, unable to storm back out of it with the strength she had slowly lost over the weeks. She was once the hero, the one who saved her friends over and over again, but in the midst of all her sacrifices, she soon found herself in the role as the damsel in distress. And it was happening almost every singe day. The girl who once hated the thought of being a sob story turned into a constant replay of a Sarah J. Mass book.

"Where to next, then?" asked Kiara, foot slamming against the accelerator in fear that the guards may try chasing after them.

"Château - there's a winch there," JJ answered absent-mindedly, eyes not leaving the bruised and broken face of his best friend. His first ever friend. His sister. However, the girl he was staring at was almost unrecognisable. Even during her worst times, even during all the pain Tatum had been under her whole life, there was always something about her, like a spark, that just made you want to smile. Even during her manic times, there was still that light inside of her. But ever since they started looking for the gold all those months ago, the light began to fade, her fire turned to ashes. Ever since Thomas' death, she hadn't been the same. And every single day JJ found himself fearing for the life of this new Tatum Quinn he was still only just getting to know.

The car ride was silence, tension filling the air, waving in and out of everyone's lungs, intoxicating them. The last few months, or weeks in Cameron's case, had been nothing but a nightmare they could not awaken from; they couldn't see a happy ending coming anytime soon. With Tatum like this, with Pope replacing his brains with recklessness, with John B losing his head too far into it all, the pouges had lost their strongest fighters. Their killer, their logic and their leader.

And, all though each of their curious minds craved to know how it ended, nobody was fooled by the dillusion that it could be good. They were once, when their minds were naive and innocent. But now...now they had witnessed death, they had felt true heartbreak, they had crumbled and broke down countless times - now, they knew that every day they continued with this search, their lives were put in more danger. But they were too deep into it to drop out now, and it scared the hell out of them.

Eventually, though, they pulled up outside of the Château; their safe space, their home. Tatum was still asleep, snuggled up into the blonde boy's chest, Kiara was driving, her spare hand never leaving her girlfriend's head, and Cameron was at the back, tapping his hands along JJ's seat, mind a mess and head all over the place as he replayed the video of him shooting his own mother, and each time it went round he smiled more.