𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚

IT WAS COMFORTABLE. Too comfortable. So comfortable it was uncomfortable. Tatum hadn't been on a mattress in weeks, nevermind a king-sized bed with luxury covers and fluff from a 5-star hotel. Once they landed in what she soon found out was Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, the four men, and over twenty security guards, lead her to a hotel room, where she hadn't left since.

But it was night now. Everyone was asleep.

The more she thought about it, the more adrenaline dropped into her blood system. And more adrenaline meant more strength. It was like natural steroids.

Tatum quietly peeled back the heavy covers that were plastered over her body, and tiptoed through the room, her feet making no noise as the tips of her toes met with the thick, rich carpet. It was the most beautiful room she had ever been in, she couldn't lie, but that wasn't the point right now.

Right now, she was going in for the kill.

Literally.

Tatum was idiotic, not dumb. She knew all the tricks - her whole life was based on learning them - and her father was stupid for underestimating her just because she was weaker than usual. He was the one who raised her; he should've known she was one of the strong ones by now.

The second she seen the knife peeking out of Rafe Cameron's million dollar pockets, Tatum swiped it without a thought. Of course, nobody noticed. Of course, nobody checked her for weapons. Everyone thought she was too weak. And it was true - she was weak. But body weakness is nothing on mind weakness.

So the security guard standing by her bed dropped to the floor, blood pouring from his throat.

She kept doing it.

One after the other, every guard in her way dropped into a pool of crimson.

Everytime she killed, she grew more hungry to do it again. She was a monster, and she loved it.

When the last guard dropped outside of the nursery room, she paused. Picking locks was the easiest thing in the world - Tatum learned to do it before she could walk. Inside the baby's room, a sleeping nanny Ward hired rocked her little brother, who was still very much awake. He looked straight at his sister. He could see the chaos and the disaster behind her eyes. But he could also see all the love. And he smiled. He giggled, drooling onto his little onzie.

Tatum smiled back at him, her eyes tearing up at the sight of the young boy who only had a year left of life. After a year, his evil father would teach him what a Quinn is, and all the life would be slowly dragged out of his shinning, blue orbs.

She ran forwards, her feet tip-tapping lightly onto the carpet, and took him out of the nanny's arms, placing the sharp knife onto her knee. She was clueless, she didn't know anything about the families she was helping, she was unaware of the horrors she was sleeping with - she could live.

The baby boy grasped onto his sister's blood-stained shirt and giggled some more. Panicking about waking anyone up, Tatum placed her index finger on her lips, telling to infant to be quiet. Obviously he had no idea what that meant, and continued fussing over his sister and being noisy.

Alarmed, Tatum sprinted out of the hotel room and down the windy halls. She would kill her father eventually, she would get her revenge, but she knew that now wasn't the time. They were simply too strong and she was too weak. One day, though - one day, she'd be bigger than him, bigger than Leroy, too - and she'd shoot them in the head with no mercy.

Outside it was cold. A storm was nearing. But Tatum didn't care about that as she continued to run, each step she took more painful than the last. The rain pattered on every bruise and every wound she had received during the time of her kidnapping, but she didn't care about the pain, either. All she cared about was the baby in her hands. Her baby brother she swore was going to have a better life than she ever could. She would not let this boy be raised by the violence and the felonies of the Quinn name.

A/n: would you prefer small chapters like these or longer ones like some of the ones from book one?