𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑸𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒏 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚

THEY LOST IT. Those dumbasses lost the cross. Pope got high on medicine drugs, crashed the Carrera's truck, and Renfield and Rafe somehow found it, so they also took it. Leaving the pouges, once again, with absolutely no gold. Oh, and they then found out that the bullet didn't kill Carla, so that was just the icing on top of the cake.

However, even after all the losses, the naive group of teenagers remained optimistic, sure that they were going to get that cross.

Tatum Heyward, seemingly back to normal and clean of all the drugs that terrorised her system, rested inbetween the legs of her girlfriend as they drove back home to the Château, where they'd come up with the plan to get back Pope's family treasure that rightfully belonged to him.

Kiara Carrera was holding her close to her chest, slowly drifting to sleep at nothing but the sound of Tatum and JJ giggling as they bullied John B for his driving, which made Sarah and Baby TJ laugh from beside them. But flashes of blue and red struck past her eyelids, and sirens begun to bare all around them, causing her to snap back into the real world. Her eyes widened when they saw what the cops were surrounding. "Oh shit! They found the truck."

Tatum and JJ instantly shut up to curiously look out of the windows to see the car Pope had crashed a few hours ago.

"Jesus, Pope, and I thought JB was a shit driver," commented the girl with a light giggle, which earned her two glares from the two boys. 

"Says the girl who can't drive without getting high and playing bumper cars," retorted Pope, which made John B and the others all nod in agreement.

She only raised her hands in defence. "Why would they make circle-ly roads if they didn't want us to do that?!"

"It's called a traffic-circle, Tate, and they're so everybody in the junction can get to where they want, or turn onto a different side of the road, without anyone crashing," her adoptive brother explained with a sigh.

"Well, they should make that more clear."

"My dad's truck!" gasped Kiara, arms loosely hanging off Tatum's waist now, as she stared at the scene, mouth open wide, steering everyone else back to the situation.

The pouges panicked for a long moment, though they were all telling each other to relax, before two cops came towards them.

They were all so focused on the setback to them getting to the cross that the group of friends totally forgotten about how Tatum was illegally walking the streets. And, earlier, they were all too focused on getting the bad drugs out of her system that they totally forgotten about the good ones she was supposed to be on.

"Well, lookee here," said a recognisable voice, causing them to sit straight and not look anyone in the eye.

From the driver's seat of Twinkie, John B slowly rose his head to face Shoupe. "Good evening, Officer."

Shoupe nodded, pointing his flashlight at the young boy. "Sheriff," he corrected. "Yeah."

"Sheriff," said John B. "Yeah, that's right." He looked on at the scene in front of them. "Speed kills, huh?"

"I pulled the tags, and I know whose truck that is," the sheriff told him in annoyance, sick of the teenager's constant lying.

Kiara shrunk down to be as invisible as she could. Just to be extra precautional, Tatum threw TJ's blanket over her girlfriend, took her baby brother in her arms and sat on Kiara, causing Sarah's eyes to go wide.

Tatum shrugged. "What? It's nothing that's never happened before," she defended, and Cameron, JJ and Sarah all snorted.

At the sound of the teenagers in the back, Sheriff Shoupe pointed his flashlight over to them. It stopped at the sight of the girl sat on a thick, knitted blanket with a baby on her lap and a can of beer in her hand.