Part Five - Budding Romance

Harry is the one to wake me up in the morning, the Monday sun shining in through blinds that were pulled over his unique window that pretty much covered the entire wall. He ran his fingers down my arm, then slipping them in between mine. He kisses me lightly on the mouth, just long enough for me to kiss him back. It’s a peck, no open mouth, because of morning breath.

The boy sighs, just simply looking at me. I smile, which is a gesture he returns. “You hungry?” He asks softly, his voice raspy yet smooth.

“Mhmm.” I hum, too tired to even talk. All I know is that I’m starving and Harry most likely wants food too. I turn to sling my legs over the side of Harry’s bed, unlinking our fingers and walking towards the door. I open it to see the spiral staircase I so rarely see, and descend the twirly steps. I turn back in the middle of the hallway to look at Harry smiling and bringing his hand to wrap firmly around my waist. I lean into his touch and we walked down the stairs to the kitchen. All the boys are there, and I swear that I’m somehow always the last one to wake up.

The boys eye us carefully, most likely taking note on how Harry’s arm has noticeably tightened around me, bringing me closer into his warm body. “Morning, lovebirds.” Louis said, then snickering to Zayn and Liam. I turned around to give them the death glare, and seeing that Liam is staring aimlessly at the floor; depressingly even.

I grabbed some leftover pancakes that I thought I’d warm up. “Do you want these?” I asked Harry.

“Yes please!” He smiled like a little kid, making me chuckle. I grabbed two plates and put three pancakes on each, then sticking them in the microwave and warming them up. Harry had already sat down on one of the barstools, so I sat next to him and waited for the pancakes to be ready, also joining in on the conversation.

“So how was your guys’ date last night?” Louis is the first to ask.

Harry looks at me, placing his hand a top the middle of my thigh. I place my hand over his, and smile at him. He answers while looking at me, then turning to face Louis. “I though it was great. I don’t know ‘bout Niall though.” Harry chuckled.

“Of course I thought it was great.” I beamed. “It was wonderful.” Harry and I just sat there, forgetting the others and smiling, even ignoring the microwave beep as the pancakes stopped warming up.

“Well then...” Zayn coughed. I snapped, and got up and went to the microwave, taking out the plates and getting whipped cream and syrup for our pancakes. I set the stuff down by Harry and we started eating. Harry reached his fork over to my plate, cutting out a piece and placing it in his mouth.

“Oh my god! Call the ambulance, Niall shared his food. He must be out of his mind!” Zayn gasped. 

“Niall only shares his food when he likes somebody.” Louis teased, winking at the end of the sentence.

I swallowed my food quick, eyes going wide and a blush rising to my cheeks, mainly out of embarrassment. Why don’t you just make ‘blushing’ my middle name: Niall Blushing Horan; cause I can’t seem to stop.

Harry slipped his hand around my waist, turning to me and leaning in to my ear. “Don’t listen to them. I already know you have a crush on me.” He chuckled lowly into my ear.

“You too?” I dramatically asked, turning my head to the side with wide eyes. He just laughed along with the other boys and I got up, picking up my plate and fork. “I’m eating in the other room. Bye!”

As I was walking out, Harry turned in his stool and grabbed my upper arm. “No, Niallie.” He whined. “Don’t go!” He insisted.

“You guys are just gonna keep teasing me though.” I reasoned.