ch 1

Hello, everyone. This is my first finished story that I'm going to upload. I'd wish to provide a few disclosures so that no one gets disappointed.

• There is no actual smut written....until the last few chapters

• It is a slow burn book, and focuses on different aspects on Liam's life, but mostly his relationships with his child and new found love interest as he has internal battles about it.

 • the first few chapters are kinda bad, but I swear it gets better

English is my first language, but I just suck ass at it so sorry. Although feel free to correct me.

The story did not evolve precisely how I had hoped, but I tried, and I hope you enjoy it.

I'm so happy to be able to share my story with you, and please feel free to offer constructive feedback; I'd much appreciate it. Anyway enjoy!

.

.

.

.

Liam Moonhovan

"Alexis, for the love of God, please put your shoes on, you're going to be late for the first day of school, of all things "I grumbled and dashed down the stairs after her, clutching a pair of shoes as she ran about, her blond pigtails bouncing up and down. 

"Who'd have guessed that a five-year-old child was all it took to conquer the great Liam Moonhovan, an emotionless workaholic with no social or romantic life?"

I came to a halt, my gaze fixed on my closest friend, who stood in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest. Alexis guffawed as she ran up to him and hugged his legs "Uncle Zachy!" 

"Hello there, princess. I see you're giving your dad trouble as always" he smiled picking her up. I groaned and walked up to them, handing her shoes to him. 

 "Just get these on her. I need to pack her lunch" I said walking over to the kitchen island. 

"So Alexis, you excited to be going to a new school? Your no longer in kindergarten so it's a big deal" Zach exclaimed as he sat her down on the couch and kneeled down beside it. 

"Mhmm. Papa said I'm going to make more friends"  she exclaimed as he slipped the shoes on over her white stockings, she expressed her gratitude. 

"I'm sure you'll make more than you can count" Zach smiled putting on her other shoe. "You know, I met your father in elementary school, and we're still the greatest of friends to this day." He remarked as he stood up. 

I sighed and shook my head putting the sandwich into a sweet little yellow lunch box and into her bag. "All right, let's get going," I said as I handed her, her bag.

We were soon standing in front of the school, surrounded by a few sobbing children pleading with their parents not to leave them, and older students meeting up with their friends. As we stepped out of the car, Zach cooed, "Look at my little first grader." 

"Have a wonderful day, love." I smiled, leaning on the car, "and don't get into trouble." 

"Ok, bye bye papa, bye uncle Zachy," Alexis waved as she entered the building, taking the teachers hand.

 "Damn."  Zach said, shaking his head, "She didn't even cry or hesitate to go." 

"It's Alexis, she's never been much of a crier," I said with a shrug as I returned to the car.