ch 44

Liam Moonhovan

I sat back on the couch, my phone in my hand, passing the time. while Alexis lay on my chest watching her favorite TV show We simply decided to spend the day relaxing, before the week ahead.

Zar was as usual out if town on work, as for Zach...well only god knows where him and Madi are, and Enzo was going to sort out something with his apartment. That did make me think.

"Love, how would you feel in Enzo came to live with us?" I asked biting my lip.

Alexis looked up at me, a big smile on her face. "Forever?" She inquired, which perplexed me at first until I realized he spends just as much time here as Zach, so it was as if he already did live here, but just went home occasionally.

"Yeah, forever," I mumbled, smiling at her excited expression.

She sat up, looking me in the eyes, as her hands swished my face together, forming an 8 shape with my lips, and she giggled, nodding. "I want him to be with us forever," she declared. "Can I also call him my papa?"

I looked at her, unsure what to say. "I don't know sweetheart, you'll just have to ask him when he gets here," she loosened her grip on my face. I shrugged, knowing that if she remembered to ask, Enzo would undoubtedly cry.

"When is he coming?" Alexis inquired, already impatient.

I chuckled as I picked up my phone once more. "How about I text him and ask him to come when he can?" I said opening his chat.

"Can I video call him?" Alexis sat back down on my chest, practically bouncing and making me groan.

"Love, you're no longer a baby. You're heavy now" I chuckled handing her the phone.

She accepted it while apologizing to me. "I'm sorry, papa."

"It's okay," I say, glad she's as excited to see Enzo as I am, even if we all spent time together yesterday.

She pressed the video call button holding the phone closer to her face as she waited for him to pick up. Her face lit up with a smile when she heard the chime. "Hiiiii" she squealed excitedly waving at the camera.

"Oh, it's my favorite little Moonhovan," Enzo's voice was as excited as hers, but there was a lot of background noise.

"Are you coming to live with us today?" Alexis inquired, and I couldn't help but smile at Enzo's perplexed grunt.

He seemed to dismiss it as one of her word blunders. "I'll try to come over as soon as I finish here," Enzo said, and I could almost feel his nod.

"What are you doing? Where even are you?" I inquired while sitting up with Alexis on my lap so I could see him.

He was definitely out in public, and he was wearing his airpods. "Uh, remember how I said I had some things to sort out with my flat?" He inquired, and Alexis and I both nodded.

"Yeah, my lease has expired, so I need to renew it so I don't end up homeless in a week," he laughed.

"Don't renew it," I said flatly, and Alexis nodded again, humming in agreement.

Enzo raised an eyebrow at me, perplexed. "Did I forget to mention the homeless part?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm saying, don't renew it and come live with us," I said, to Alexis' approval who nodded enthusiastically.

"Me and papa want you to come forever," she said, lightly shaking the phone.

"Are you sure?" Enzo inquired, surprised, and I simply nodded in response.