Ch 39

Liam Moonhovan

"No. No not at all. Why would you think that?" I said in a panic but still looking at anything but him.

"Why would I think that? Liam did you really think I didn't notice how you never pick up the phone, then text me back later instead. Or how you were so busy over the past two weeks you didn't even have time to see me. Or how you flinch every time I touch you or I'm close to you. You've barely even looked at me at all since i got here. Even now" He scoffed although his voice was filled with frustration and hurt. "Look I know you wanted this time to figure out your feelings, and if your feelings are that you don't want to be with me. Tell me"

I froze, my eyes widening. I was so wrapped up in my panic of having to tell him that I'm sure I want to be with him, I gave him the completely opposite Idea. "Enzo...that's not it" I said feeling guilt rise up even more within me.

"Then what is it Liam?" I didn't answer. I had scripted this whole thing but now I was panicking.

He let out a sigh. "I really want to be with you, but you have to talk to me. And I know it's hard for you to put your feelings into words, but I'm asking you to please try. There's only so much I can do on my end." I know he was right. He'd been doing so much to get me to open up to him and I wasn't making it easier.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled feeling overwhelmed by the guilt.

Enzo hesitantly took a step towards me still leaving distance between us. "I don't want you to apologize and kill yourself with guilt. I know you've suffered a lot of emotional trauma and I know you have a hard time letting people in, but I want to help you. I want to be there for you"

"I-" I sighed running a hand through my hair. "can I give you your gift now?" I asked feeling the need to get out of this suffocating situation.

I don't want to fight with him, I don't want to hurt him and I definitely don't want to lose him.

"You got me a gift?" He asked as I wordlessly walked over to the drawer pulling out a box and motioning for him to come over.

"I was just too nervous to give it to you, especially in front of everyone" I said placing the small box in his palm but keeping my hand over it.

"Enzo....I am really sorry I've been acting strange and avoiding you for the past two weeks" I said biting my lip with guilt.

"So you were doing it intentionally? Why?" His voice didn't sound angry just hurt and confused. Somehow that made me feel worse.

I still couldn't look up at him knowing the whole script I planned out would disappear from my mind if I did.

"I'm sorry I hurt you it wasn't my intention. I want to be the one to protect you. I want you to be with me behind these walls that I keep around myself. I want to let you in" I said lifting my hand from the box.

"I really do love you Enzo, and I want to be with you more than anything" I said fiddling with my fingers.

"you do?" Enzo asked softly and I nodded motioning to the box in his hands. He opened the box and let out a surprised gasp and I couldn't help but shut my eyes. I didn't know if his reaction was good or bad. Maybe I went over the top, or it's just too soon.

"Liam..." I looked up to see him looking at me, his dark eyes with a layer of tears and his hand over his mouth as he stared at the small box rested in the palm on his hand.

"Stop doing that" He said looking at me and I raised an eyebrow. Enzo stepped closer grabbing my hand to stop me fiddling with my fingers. He put the box down on the drawer, using his other hand to tilt my chin upwards pulling my lip from between my teeth.