Ch 31.

Enzo Toun

When Liam said he wanted to know everything about me, I assumed he was on a light note, but when I got a call from the club stating he was waiting for me, I realized he was serious.

 Of course, I dashed down there and found him perched on one of the bar stools, engrossed in his phone. "I'm honored you came to see me, but aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked as I approached him.

 "I took the day off since Tuesdays aren't as busy." He shrugged his shoulders and slid his phone into his back pocket. 

"Why?" I said, not in a harsh manner, but just out of curiosity.

 "Because we're going to couples therapy," he remarked in such a relaxed tone that I assumed I misheard him or that he was joking, but his expression was serious. 

As I gazed at him in disbelief, my eyes virtually bulged out of my head. I obviously misheard him. I heard him snicker and turned around to see him struggling to keep his amusement contained. I gave him a deadpan expression once I realized. "You looked like you we're about to shit your pants, it's hilarious" He chuckled rotating in the chair slightly.

"What kind of joke was that?" I asked, smiling as I watched him laugh. 

I liked seeing this more carefree and goofy side to him. "Relax. I just planned us a date." He enthusiastically announced, causing me to raise an eyebrow. 

"A date?"  I inquired, amused. 

"Mhmm, and it'll be the best damn date you've ever been on,"  Liam remarked as he got out of his seat and walked by me. "It's not the basic dinner and movies, or something" He said walking ahead. "Come on, now. My joke took longer than expected and we're behind schedule." He stated as he turned back to face me.

 "Did you really schedule our entire date or is this another joke?" I asked running to catch up with him.

"Do I seem to be disorganized to you? Of course, I have it all planned out." He spoke it as though it were self-evident. "We're also taking my car, and I'll be driving." He announced before I could respond to his previous statement and I just obliged and entered entered passengers side.

"Where are we going?" I asked turning to him one he began driving.

He gave me a quick glance before returning his focus to the road. "You'll see," he stated simply, his gaze fixed on the road.

"Can't you tell me then I'll see?" Curiosity was killing me inside

I sank in my seat, staring out the window, while Liam shook his head. "Do you think we'll eat there?" I inquired, hoping to gather information.

"If you want to," 

Okay, he's not really giving me much to work with here. "Will we be doing any sort of physical activity?"

"Doesn't any movement of the body count as physical activity?" Liam said with a smug grin.

"Are we going to be outside or inside?" 

"You're worse than Alexis, oh my goodness. Enzo I love you but please stop asking questions" He groaned and looked at me chuckling at the blush on my face. "I knew that would get you to stop," he added, smirking slightly.

I wasn't amused as he realized how little it actually took to fluster me. "And I'm the bad guy?". I asked, my brow furrowed at him. 

He grinned and said, "To be fair, I meant it." 

"Since when did you get all confident and smirky?" I asked leaning over the center arm rest. 

"When did smirky become a word?" He questioned, his brow furrowed, his hands on the steering wheel and his gaze fixed on the road.