Bonus chapter: First day of school

This actually takes place about three months after Alex came out and exactly four months after his fourteenth birthday. 

Anyway enjoy.

Third person

Liam sat at the desk of his home office, getting ahead on some work before his family woke up, as usual. Lucky for him his husband was a deep sleeper, making it easier to sneak out of the bed without waking him up.

Even if Liam had changed so much since he first met Enzo, he was still the same workaholic, despite the fact that his business with Zach was still growing and getting better by the day.

but whenever he looked up from the papers or his computer screen he would see the framed picture of his family, the most important people in his life, perched in front of him, and it gave him an actual reason to work so hard.

His smartwatch alarm rang, notifying him it was time to get ready. In his routinely fashion he got up tucked his things in his bag, got ready for the day and found his way to the kitchen to get some morning coffee.

"Good morning my love" Enzo smiled coming down the stairs. As usual he stopped by the kitchen island to give Liam a kiss before going to make his own breakfast. Liam smiled at Enzo, no words needed to convey his love and 'good morning'

"You have that meeting with BSA today yea?" Enzo asked joining Liam at the island, with a bowl of oats and fruits.

Liam nodded taking a sip of his coffee. "Yea. Zach has the notes on his laptop but I made a backup on mine just in case" From there the couple got lost in light conversation about their plans and the events of the day before a of footsteps could be heard racing down the stairs.

"Morning dad" A hug to Enzo. "Morning pops" A hug to Liam.

"Morning Lex. Ready for high school day one?" Liam asked looking over at Alex. Who was pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

"I'm buzzed. I even wore my good binder" He smiled taking his bowl to join his parents at the table. 

"Did you take your T?" Liam asked peering over his coffee.

"Yep" Alex put out his arm as if they could see where he took his shot. He had only started testosterone a month before school, but his voice was slowly becoming deeper and Alex loved it. Along with some more masculine features that were still forming.

"Are you walking with Will or should we pick him up too?" Enzo asked. Alex took out his phone sending a quick text and getting an even quicker response from his best friend since elementary.

"He said his mom's dropping him off" Alex shrugged putting his phone away and taking some of his cereal.

"Speaking of first days of school. Where in the world is your sister?" Liam asked looking back at the staircase.

"I dunno. She was having a fit because she couldn't find the perfect first day outfit" Alex shrugged.

"I was not having a fit" All of them turned to see Olivia standing at the bottom of the staircase. 

Her fiery ginger hair in a ponytail, and her dark blue eyes looking right back at them. She wore jeans, with her favorite ankle boots, and tank top along with a locket around her neck that matched the rest of the family.

Olivia had opened up a lot over the five years since they first adopted her and Ethan. She was more straightforward and sarcastic.  She got along amazing with the rest of her family, besides her and Alex's bickering, but It was just a show of their sibling relationship.

"You're gonna get dress coded for that" Alex pointed out, as Olivia made her way to the kitchen, making herself some toast.

"I will not. The teachers don't even care" Olivia scoffed pouring herself some hot coco.