The Party

Kayla's POV

The day of the engagement party finally came and everything was going pretty well. My mom was downstairs keeping everyone entertained as me, Macy and the bridesmaids were getting ready.

I wore a short, navy blue, tight dress with sleeves and black heels since mom wouldn't allow me to wear the dress dad got for me saying it was too extravagant and flashy for an engagement party.

My long braids were styled with a lot of pearly pins and my make up was simple... Just how I liked it. Dusty gold eyeshadow, red lipstick and rose shaped earrings.

Once the party began, it was conversation all around the place and the Traynor family seemed nice.

"I'm Chris."

I nodded with a smile on my face, "Kayla."

"It's great to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you." he smiled as he gave me a hug.

"Likewise."

"What are you two whispering about?" Macy asked.

"Kayla was just about to tell me about the lot of things that she has heard about me from you." he said before giving Macy a kiss.

"Relax, it's all good... Unless you want me to spill everything?" I joked and Macy gave me a slightly nudge on my arm.

"I saw your brothers... They're all so lovely." Macy said to Chris.

"Thank you but there's Jason who is always running late." he sighed checking the time.

Jason?

It was kind of hard to tell whether which Jason was he talking about because I didn't know the last name of the Jason that I wanted to see.

"Kayla?"

"Yeah?... I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

"I said you could go mingle with his brothers. Most of them are around your age." Macy suggested as she flashed me a naughty smile.

"Yeah, sure. Why not? It was nice meeting you Chris." I said before I asked to be excused.

I peeped behind the living room wall and saw a couple of four guys chilling on the couch. Two of them looked like teenagers and the other two looked a bit older but younger than Chris. I couldn't believe my family would suggest that I go flirt during my sister's engagement party. I stood with my back against the wall and took a deep breath. My eyes fell on Macy and Chris who were heading to the backyard and she was signaling for me to go to Chris's brothers.

Before I could even think about it... Mom held me by my arm, "Let's go."

"Do I have to do this, mother?"

She chuckled as she fixed my dress around the breast area, "No, you don't but you will. You're part of the family and they have to know you." she held my arm once again before leading us to the living room.

We reached the huge living room and the walk to the couch felt like the longest because one of the brothers was unashamedly staring at me ... One with brown broad eyebrows, brown hair that was perfectly styled,pink lips and looked pretty tall even though he was sitting... In fact, they all were tall including Chris except for the fact that he seemed a bit less muscular but his features were pretty catchy.

He got up and gave us a smile.

"You must be Kayla?" his British accent sounded lighter than Chris's but his voice was definitely deeper.

I chuckled, "Yes, I am..."

"Your sister already told me about you and she definitely wasn't lying about you being gorgeous."