... For Your Safety

Kayla's POV

I crouched down in front of the black Ford Eco Sport in the garage,after I heard someone come in. I had already put the bag in the car so I was unarmed. I grabbed a plank from the pile of things I didn't know. I leaned against the front of the car waiting for the guy to come more closer so I could hit him across the face.

*gunshot*

I froze with my hand over my mouth trying to not get caught by whoever pulled the trigger.

"Come on... Get in the car." Jason said as he opened the garage door.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He just simply stared at me then got in the car and I did the same.

We drove for a while with the car dead silent. He parked outside my apartment.

"Go, get your things."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?"

"I said go get your things and let's go..."

I interjected, "... You're taking me with you? What about college? What about my car? Where are we going?"

He sighed, "Can we talk about that on the road..."

I took a second to try to think about it and he spoke, "Are you naturally slow or...?"

Ohhw, no... He didn't just call me dumb.

I scoffed in disbelief and got out of the car... Slamming the door behind myself. I was quick to collect my things including the dress that dad had gotten for me and family pictures. I hurried downstairs and threw my three bags in the back seat.

My body sat in a low position on the passengers side wondering where in the world were we going. I was in a car with a guy that I hardly knew, headed to who knows where...

"Are you in some kind of mafia?"

He simply gave me a glance then focused on the road ahead once again.

"Answer me."

"It's none of your business."

I scoffed, "I was being followed all night, almost got killed by someone that I don't even know,saved your ass from dying and now I'm running away to... I don't even know where! How is that none of my business?"

He sighed, "It's better that I don't tell you."

I scrunched my nose in frustration and I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Open the door..."

"Are you crazy? You want to jump out of a moving car... We're on the freeway."

I thrashed in my seat and banged against the door wanting to get out. I froze at the feel of cold metal on my forehead. He had a whole gun on my head.

"If you don't fucking shut up right now, I'll blow a bullet right through your skull." he threatened and I slowly sank on my seat. The car went dead silent again and it was for the longest time.

Now, I'm definitely fucked! Is he possibly going to kill me? Human traffic me?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the car suddenly stopping in the middle of nowhere... It was super dark and I couldn't even see the surroundings. He unlocked the door and just sat facing me.

"Why did you stop?"

"Because this is where I was told to wait."

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around the before bringing my eyes back to him... The light above us dimmed the clear blue color of his eyes. Shadows covered most of his face making it hard for me to see any expression." Wait for what? "