1: Happy Birthday To Me

A/n: please read Knockin' on Heaven's Door before you read this. Remember to vote and comment. Also note that there will be heavier themes of drug use in this fiction than before. I don't write trigger warnings 90% of the time so here it is now.

"Axl!" I giggled. The redhead singer had his hands over my eyes while he walked me to a mysterious location. Apparently this was my birthday present. Axl didn't know my real birthday, and I didn't know how it coordinated with Earth time. So, we'd decided to mark it as the day I fell from the sky. That was two years ago today. "Where are you taking me?"

"Just wait, Angel-face. I'm gonna show you." He stopped walking us. "Alright. Open them." He took his hands away from my eyes, and I gasped at the sight. In front of me stood an enormous house that must've went on for days.

"How did you afford this?!" I demanded. We'd been living in apartment together for a while. I'd gotten used to the small space, and enjoyed the intimacy that came with it. "It must've cost a fortune!"

"It really did. But it's for you." He spread his arms. "I got a huge paycheck from the last tour. So, here it is. The house of  our dreams."

"Our dreams?" I echoed his words. He rarely spoke of us as a single being, a single goal. It was always for him or for me, never for both. But this house represented something to him, to me. It represented a change in that. He was showing me that we were together. 

"C'mon," Axl grabbed my hand. "I'll show you everything there is to see." He pulled me along to the front door. He patted himself down until he found a key, which he stuck in the door. The front was a foyer with a big chandelier hanging down from the ceiling. White tile floorings kissed a dark, wooden staircase leading to a second floor. Two doorways on either side of the room and  large, glass sliding door across from us made up for the rest of the room. 

Axl pulled me to the right first. "Here's the dining room." He pointed to a fancy room with a light hanging from the ceiling. "We'll get a table for that soon." He pulled me along. "On the right is a bathroom, and here's the kitchen." The kitchen looked more like a bar. While the place wasn't fully furnished, we had more than enough alcohol to survive the apocalypse. Various colored liquors and shaped bottles lined shelves that had been nailed to a black backsplash. The oven had too many burners, and the refrigerator could hold more food than twenty stomachs. Axl tugged me along. "And back here is the laundry room. But you're my Angel-face, and you don't have to work. I'll probably get someone to do that for you." He shrugged, not opening the door for me to see the laundry room. 

"Upstairs," He began, leading me up the staircase, "are all the bedrooms." He opened a door to a green bedroom. "That's a guest room." He opened the door to a blue bedroom. "And that is too." The door to a soft orange room opened next. "So is that one." I could feel him growing more and more impatient as we got to the master bedroom. "And this is our room." He opened the door to an immense bedroom. Soft candles were the only lights, and the bed was a california king with a dark, sexy, red comforter. The black curtains were pulled over the windows, and the bathroom smelled like strawberries. 

"Wow." My mouth was open. "This is really too much." Axl was ignoring that comment, kissing up my arm. "Axl, babe, it's too much."

"Nothing's too good for you, Angel-face." His lips were on my neck, soft kisses pressed into the skin. 

"Can I see the rest?" I asked.

"The tour's taking a slight break so I can make sweet love to my Angel-face." He picked me up. "You're getting lighter," He said with concern. "Have you been drinking a lot again?" A few months back, I got drunk too much. I threw up most of my weight, and Axl scolded me. 

"Not really. You're probably just getting stronger," I shrugged. Axl tossed me onto the bed. He lifted my legs, kissing up my ankles as my skirt started to go higher and higher. 

"I love you," He sighed. I loved it when he said that, which wasn't often. The first time I'd ever said it, he said that he didn't want to say it back. Axl was extremely vulnerable in front of me, but he still didn't like saying the word love. He did love to show it though. Physically and through other emotional experiences. (He wasn't always horny.) I said it a lot though, more than enough for the both of us. 

&&&&&&

The following morning, I was brushing my hair into Axl's face. He swatted it away. "You still get up too early, Angel-face."

"I thought you could give me the rest of that tour. Maybe a stop by Margaritaville?" I wiggled my eyebrows at the suggestion, and his eyes opened.

"Before nine in the morning? What have I done to you, Angel-face?" He pulled me downwards to kiss him. "What've I done to you?" He repeated again.

"Only good things, my love," I whispered. "I love you." Axl smiled in response, pulling me out of the bed.

"Alright, we'll take a tour through Margaritaville."