Chapter twenty

"This surely is

"This surely is.. ghetto."

River slid down on the booth, he immediately looked up at Carlos, looking completely annoyed already with the man that slowly seated himself.
The man looked around the bar they were at.

A small, secluded bar in a rough part of town. The worn-down establishment had seen better days. Most of the furniture and decor featured dark wood, including the tables, chairs, and booths. It had an overall feel of the 1970s, with its worn, vintage charm.
The boots were in the back against the bullet proof windows that you only could look at the outside. Meaning, people from the outside couldn't look in.

At the bar stood a women with short fire red hair. She had a beautiful Roman nose, matching it with a pair of juicy lips. From what Carlos could tell she was wearing a black top with a matching black shorts.
The red haired woman made eye contact with the older man. She looked him up and down before she adverted her attention elsewhere.

"If I were you I would watch my mouth, " River spoke. "I've known these people around us for a very long time. No rats here. "

Carlos nodded.
"I would've still felt safer in my own house," the older man quietly sulked.

River sighed. "The spy I have at Tyler's isn't willing to take the risk that there might be a snitch in your organization.
This here, is trustworthy and we're meeting up here. This is his sister's bar." River explained. "That also means the woman at the bar you made heart eyes at is off limits."

Carlos's eyebrows jumped up at that.
He felt like it was a challenge. "Said who?" He pressed further.
He could hear the annoyance dripping in River's voice. He wanted to experience River at full anger. To see how his body and mind worked. He wanted to trigger the man. In the safest ways possible. He didn't wanted to die..yet.

"Me. Also she's gay and currently in a relationship."

Ralf appeared in front of them, gotten a bit of context what they were talking about.

"I remember you," Carlos said, pointing at Ralf accusingly.
"I remember you, too," Ralf answered flatly.
He sat down next to River, turning his head to him. "You sure he won't run to Tyler?" He asked in a lower tone.

"I can hear you perfectly clear," Carlos rolled his eyes, feeling slightly irritated.
"And I'm doing this in best interest of Valentine."

"I don't have much time today, tell us what we need to know."

"Fine," Ralf opened his mouth.
But, the woman with red hair walked to them with a plate with drinks on them.

Carlos' gaze was fixed on her as she approached, taking in the sight of her curvaceous physique. His thoughts turned to the idea that it was a shame for a woman so attractive to be gay.

"Whiskey on the rocks for you," the woman's sensual voice reached Carlos' ears and crotch. He watched as she slid River's drink to him who caught it in his hand, immediately taking a sip out of it. The man approved by it by nodding.