Chapter twenty two

Valentine's eyes widened upon hearing that sentence

No, I shouldn't interfere, Valentine mulled over.

It wasn't going to be worth it in the end.
Tyler might actually kill them for even fantasying about it.
Valentine thought he was their karma. He kind of was a devil who made their life more miserable every single day; even though you try to convince he already did the worse, he would make it worst.

Honestly, Valentine thought her life couldn't be more miserable until Jackie also announced her pregnancy. Not because of the pregnancy spotlight. No, it was way worse.
Jackie actually thought their children were gonna be best friends. She was even thinking of matching names. Matching. Names.  It was like the woman had completely forgot she had been a bad, manipulative friend to Valentine.

"Get out," Valentine spoke through clenched teeth. "When your head hangs on top of these gates, don't expect me to light a candle for your death of your unborn child and you." Valentine made her exit out of her room.
Just being together in one room with her former friend made her want to put her hands around Jackie's neck and choke her until she stopped breathing.
It was like every room she entered, she fueled the fire and hate Valentine felt for her. They weren't on the same boat. Valentine was dragged and forced to be with Tyler. Meanwhile, Jackie probably skipped on her way to his place.

Valentine walked past the kitchen where the three bodyguards resided in. Having not seen them for a long time, Valentine walked back. She greeted them warmly. "How are my favorite people doing?" She asked with a smile.

"I think she's actually turning insane this time," Hunter whispered not so subtle to Ralf who tried to stifle his laugh.

Valentine glared at the two.
She then smiled warmly, like she had not just switched her emotions in three seconds. "Can someone get some whipped cream and cherries? I'm seriously craving for it." She pondered for a second. "Maybe sneak in some cheeseburgers and curly fries, too?"
Valentine stroked over her stomach, moaning. Drool almost dropped down the side of her mouth, just thinking about it.

Hunter took the bait, saying he was gonna drive to the store.

"Uhm, I think the fuck not. You trick ass bit-" Ralf started.

Valentine jabbed Ralf in his waist. The man immediately wheezed and coughed like it was his last day on earth, stopping in the middle of his sentence. He shot the brown skinned woman a glare. Though they softened as soon as she mouthed a soft "sorry."

"Guess you'll have to go," Ralf pouted defeated.

Hunter wanted to fist bump the air. No longer babysitting grown women. No more Tyler calling him just to ask how his outfit looked liked. Or even worst, when he called for him just to ask him if he was handsome.
That dude has serious issues. And from Hunter saying that, that's meant a lot. He didn't care how many people he had killed for the family. But, he felt suffocated in the house. He rather empty his whole gun out on a horse than have to stand there all day like some fancy accessory.