Chapter twelve

Valentine woke up with a splitting headache

Valentine woke up with a splitting headache. The pulsing throbbed against her skull as her fingers rubbed her head, trying to ease the tension and the ache. She'd never slept this well and woken up feeling this bad, ever in her life. She could recall multiple times when she's gotten drunk in years past but she couldn't ever recall a hangover like this one- it was agonizing.

Valentine tried to get out of bed to make her way over to the bathroom, but something was stopping her.
As she looked down at the bed her eyes almost fell out of her sockets.

Kenji laid next to Valentine, sleeping comfortably. And, he was holding Valentine by her waist, his grip a little too tight, while River held him by his waist from behind in a similar tight hold.

Valentine felt herself getting a bit flustered and even... tingly? She shook her head, trying to snap herself out of whatever feeling it was. But, this simple motion proved to be a big mistake, as the pounding in her head became even stronger than before and she groaned as the pain pierced through her skull.
She was careful not to be too rough with Kenji, gently grabbing his arm and picking it up before she gently rolling herself out of bed. She made sure to place a pillow, letting his arm drape around it,
watching with a soft smile as he hugged it closer to him.

"Where are you going?" The gravelly voice of River suddenly cuts through the silence, making Valentine freeze for a second before stumbling in a panic. She didn't make any noise and hadn't expected him to wake up.
The only thing that could've given her away were the soft patters of her feet covered with socks softly hitting the floor.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Valentine whispered, her voice wavering for a second.
In her haste to leave the room she practically power walked her way to the bathroom.
After finishing her bathroom routine she went back, only to find herself standing in front of her bedroom door with nowhere else to go.

Should she just lie back down?

With them?

Or maybe they wanted some alone time in the morning?

Should she just sleep in their bed, then?

All kinds of thoughts swirled through Valentine's head and she felt like she was about to puke. She turned her head to the couch- it seemed like the safest, simplest option, honestly. She sighed and sauntered over to it, grabbing the blanket as she made herself comfortable and wrapped herself in it. She laid down on the couch, closing her eyes before she finally started to fall asleep again.

"SHE'S GONE," Valentine heard someone screaming in panic, her nose twitched, her head not in reality as she continued to sleep, burying her face more in the pillow.

"OH MY GOD, RIVER PUT ON SOME DAMN CLOTHES AND LET'S FIND THE MINX," Kenji walked in the living room, struggling himself to put on a shirt and pants at the same time. He fell on the floor, muffled words coming out of his mouth.